PDA

View Full Version : Has this forum gone dead?

BBMW
December 26th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Over a month since the last post.

Nexis4Jersey
December 26th, 2015, 09:40 PM
There seems to a drain over to Skyscraperpage and now over to Skyscrapercity.... With Newly opened Skyrise Cities (A Rip off of SSC/SSP) and New York Yimby trying unsuccessful to port members from this site and those 2 main cities... Its put a nail in this sites coffin... A lot of long term members who used to post here and discuss things have moved onto SSP... What I would like to see is Skyscraperpage and WiredNY merge into SSC which has started growing again and form a super site. Its possible since they all use vBulletin (https://www.vbulletin.com) software... I know its not popular with a small number of posters on each site , but it would save all the old postings from going to waste and link together a bunch of talented posters... The future is looking bleak for this site , we lost 40 members this year...some provided some good insider knowledge and others took some incredible photos...

BBMW
December 28th, 2015, 07:19 PM
I go to SSC, but usually only on their quite good aviation/airports forum.

Nexis4Jersey
December 29th, 2015, 08:33 PM
I recently had that section overhauled with personal photo section to be added down the road. Theres a lot of ppl from SSP who use that site but only for the Infrastructure and Mobility sections... We recently redid the New York section divided it by Boroughs....although that too is quiet due to most of the discussion happening in the World section and over on SSP... But if this were to fold into SSC it would be very easy to sort the threads...we even have a NJ section... There are a few more changes coming to the site next yr...