PDA

View Full Version : New WTC Proposal - Something different!

Kris
February 8th, 2003, 07:06 PM
http://www.rathergood.com/buildings

Gulcrapek
February 8th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Well I think it kind of distrots the skyline. But it's a lot better than any of the other proposals. And who doesn't like platypuses? Or platypi?

Edward
February 8th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Love it! The Big Benevolent Baloon Baby will revolutionize the architecture!

dbhstockton
February 9th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Well, personally I think it's unsafe, too obvious a target for terrorists, and certainly does not provide the kind of street-level amenities, cultural facilities, low-cost housing, day-care centers, dog parks, sidewalk cafes, public toilets and monorails that are essential to the rebuilding effort.

amigo32
February 9th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Yes, definitely a terrorist target, and transportation delays within the structure would add to the frustration of the common worker and shopper, not to mention the number of new rail hubs and stations that would need to be built to accomadate its vast grandeur. *This would definitely be a NIMBY nightmare.

ZippyTheChimp
February 9th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Incomplete.
Needs fruit.

Gulcrapek
February 9th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Suzana? Would you like to comment on that?

Eugenius
February 10th, 2003, 04:17 PM
I think the Platitudipus will be the Pharos for new world.

NYC4ever
March 4th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Give me a frigin break!!! I could easily get some Pictures of ANYTHING, a bannana, monkey, dog, cat, and paste it on the skyline. THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT POSSIBLE. even if that could be built, it'd be structurally unsound and UGLY as heck. No offense but i almost threw up at this idea. Jesus christ, take it away. Was this a joke?

NYC4ever
March 4th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Look, i think the whole idea of "goodness" in the design is great. But this is over the top. People will desert NYC, its just CRAZY. Something emitting soothing music and a baby balloon, and messages to "cheer up" is great. But this is a little too much. Ever think of what'd happen if the Baby Balloon popped? You'd have thousands of New Yorkers trapped under it. If you did this on a MUCH smaller scale as a memorial, and changed about everything, then it might not be half bad.

Anonymous
March 4th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Is that supposed to be lower Manhattan?

Gulcrapek
March 4th, 2003, 05:26 PM
N4E, yes it was a joke... you think something like that would be real?

NYatKNIGHT
March 4th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Get outta town.
No way!
NYC4ever, you have GOT to be kidding. Classic! Your replies are more entertaining than the original joke!

Wow!

Edward
March 4th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Quote: from NYC4ever on 5:08 pm on Mar. 4, 2003
Something emitting soothing music and a baby balloon, and messages to "cheer up" is great.

In one of the forum threads the idea of a popular referendum regarding the WTC design was floating around.

It seems that the new caring architecture of soothing music and sweet babies, if it were included in the referendum, just might have a shot at receiving popular support.

dbhstockton
March 5th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Yes, NYatKNIGHT. *Wow.

It seems that the new caring architecture of soothing music and sweet babies, if it were included in the referendum, just might have a shot at receiving popular support.

It certainly does seem that way sometimes, Edward.