PDA

View Full Version : The Forumers Thread

Gulcrapek
September 18th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Marking an extended period of time since the last edition, which included a software switch, this is the newest version of the 'member info' thread.

Here's where you tell us all about yourself, so we can get to know one another better and maybe satisfy a bit of curiosity ;) .

Suggested fields:

Name:
Place of birth:
Interests:
Random facts/talents:

Pictures are also welcomed. :)

Mine:

Name: Eli
Place of birth: Brooklyn
Interests: skyscrapers, architecture, design, vocal music, astronomy/space technology (especially X-Prize and related), food
Random facts/talents: I was Metlife's 'blood boy' of the year when I was 5 or 7 or so. My face was on posters all over the city.
I have an amazing gift/curse of weight. For the past two years at least, my weight has stayed between 100 and 110 lbs, most often hovering at around 105. No matter what I eat, or how much of it, my body refuses to cross the line into the hundred and teens.

BrooklynRider
September 19th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Name: Ginger
Place of birth: Hollywood, CA

I'm a glamorous movie star.

TLOZ Link5
September 19th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Name: J.B.
Birthplace: Upper East Side
Interests: history, architecture, music, reading, writing, computers, video games (but I barely have time for it anymore)
Random facts/talents: (recently changed) Junior at NYU, one older sister.

DominicanoNYC
September 19th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Name: Oscar Santana
Birthplace: The Bronx
Interests:Architecture, Cars, Baseball, History
Talents: I pitch a Fastball (2&4 seam), Curveball, Knucleball, Triangle Change, Splitfinger, and Splitfinger Fastball. I'm the Co-Web-Editor at my community service site.

ThuRsDaY
September 20th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Name: Kenny
Place of birth: Ohio
Interests: Big cities, television, movies, football.
Random facts/talents: I currently am an assistant producer/director at a local community owned T.V. station. When I graduate I hope to go to college in Los Angeles to earn a degree in movie/television production.
:roll:

LF22
September 23rd, 2003, 06:58 PM
Name:Jason
Place of Birth: Urumqi, Xinjiang Uigur Autonmous Region, China
Big interests: Politics, Football, Basketball, Euro and Dance Music
Random facts/talents: play piano, visual arts, debate team member, formerly swim team member (but I'm outta shape now)

P.S. can any of you guys pronounce my place of birth?
heh, heh

DominicanoNYC
September 23rd, 2003, 07:18 PM
Well I know that 'x' is pronouced 'ch', right?

phxmania2001
September 24th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Name: Googlybear
Place of Birth: Ithaca, New York
Interests: Photography, cities, architecture, The Simpsons, useless trivia

Gulcrapek
November 28th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Harmless bump.

maroualle
December 1st, 2003, 09:14 AM
Name:xavier
Place of birth: NY, only for a few day's unfortunat...
Interests: NYC and the USA in general (not just an interest: a passion)Random facts/talents:
I'm a gamer, i especially like: wolfenstein, day of defeat, MOH, .....

maroualle
December 3rd, 2003, 05:40 AM
Post 9/11, I reassessed my career and went into non-profit work to hopefully make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate and disenfranchised of our society.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow that's terrific Rob!
I wish i could do that....

Gulcrapek
March 22nd, 2004, 10:16 PM
Sorry, I bumped into this thread on the way out. Please excuse my klutzness.

MidnightRambler
April 5th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Name: Alexander
Birthplace: Los Angeles, CA
Interests: Music, Writing, Film, Photography, Writing, Architecture, History, Philosophy, Psychoactives
Random: I play the guitar and the piano. I'd like to go to NYU, but I'm not sure if I can swing it - my SATs are real good (770 verbal) and I my teachers like me but my grades suck and I have no patience for school. Whatever happens, I want to be some sort of musician when I'm older and hopefully live in New York or London.

Gulcrapek
August 27th, 2004, 11:43 PM
More.

krulltime
August 28th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Name: Julian
Place of birth: Cali, Colombia.
Interests: ALOT! :wink:
Random facts/talents: I love wirednewyork! I just hope we have more participation from more members to just write about anything they want in the threads, really. I am a student and work in the non-profit section right now... Nothing big yet.

Gulcrapek
August 28th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Thanky. Remember, pictures are more than welcome.

This is in San Juan 2 weeks ago.. this is my first time with photobucket so I have no idea how to resize it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Gulcrapek/mechillin2.jpg

phxmania2001
September 2nd, 2004, 10:54 AM
Yay for photo threads!

I took this as a joke aimed at Ex-Ithacan on SSP.

http://skyscraperpage.com/gallery/data/500/482forex.jpg

PHLguy
September 2nd, 2004, 05:39 PM
Name: Ethan (hate it)
Place of birth: Phila PA
Interests: Skyscrapers and cities
Talents: Good athlete

TLOZ Link5
September 7th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Might as well add my ugly mug to the mix...

http://nyu.thefacebook.com/pics/n802336_4873.jpg

My arms are outstretched because I'm supporting myself in the doorframe. But if you want to think I'm symbolically hugging the viewer, then go ahead. I've been told I hug well :P

NewYorkYankee
September 7th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Wow, totally not what I had pictured of you TLOZ. Nor Gul either.

Gulcrapek
September 7th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Yay for outstretched arms!

You look kinda like my sister's friend who also lives in the Upper East Side.

<twilight zone theme>

TLOZ Link5
September 7th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Freaky :shock:

chris_rgbg
September 8th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Name: Christian
Place of birth: Regensburg
Interests: Hockey, Baseball, Tennis, Music
Random facts/talents: I am member of the executive committee of following organistions and clubs:www.schwabelweis-tennis.de, www.eisbaernpower.de, www.svschwabelweis.de. And I´m a "pusher" of our booster club "Eisbaernpower", which supports our local hockey Team www.eisbaeren-regensburg.de

http://people.freenet.de/reini1980/weiber54.JPG
This pic is 1 1/2 years old and it was made at carnival (February) :D

chris

krulltime
April 27th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Ok is about time to show my ugly self:

http://www.pbase.com/image/44364490.jpg

Schadenfrau
April 27th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Gosh, I hadn't realized how young so many people were. Now I'm even more impressed with the quality of discussion here.

Name: Heather

Place of birth: Southwest Washington State

Interests: Reading, collecting zines and comics, cooking, indie rock, wine, labor issues, tabloid entertainment of all stripes.

Random facts/talents: I moved to New York sight unseen in 1994 and haven't really had any impulse to leave. I study apocalyptic texts and analyze crime in my free time. I harbor the dream to become a detective, but work in the publishing industry.

TLOZ Link5
April 27th, 2005, 06:03 PM
A slightly goofier, and much more recent photo, of me:

http://i01-6.thefacebook.com/pics/3/2/s802336_7896.jpg

Gulcrapek
May 6th, 2005, 12:03 AM
^Doesn't work for non-facebook people. I = don't have a school addy yet = no can register.

I've been trying to take better pictures of me recently but they all come out crap. Especially the ones where I try to smile with teeth... my braces reflect light so much.

edit: I should mention I'm now 17 and will be 18 in about a week..

TLOZ Link5
May 7th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Funny, I thought that you were 18 already. Eh.

Anyway, here's the same photo, only from my Livejournal:

http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/28794623/6152857

Ezra
May 9th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Name: Ezra
Place of birth: Wausau, WI
Interests: Music (writing/preforming), Good quality beer, NYC!! I had my 1st experience in Dec. 2004, and now I will be living in the city by April.
Random facts/talents: Went to school for audio engineering, and currently work at a school for the deaf.

thomasjfletcher
May 12th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Name: tom fletcher
Place of birth: Sydney, Australia
Interests: history, architecture, travel, webdesign, beer
Random facts/talents: work as an architect for Stern, have 2 boy toddlers, American wife, moving back to syd in October. Spent last 4 years here, before that 1 year London, 2 years Hamburg (was good!).

http://www.thomasjfletcher.com/IMAGES/me_small.gif

photo from 5 years ago....am now fatter and older!

Derek2k3
May 13th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Happy birthday Gul!
You exceeded your p.m. storage capacity, mr. popular., so I had to let the word know here.

Gulcrapek
May 13th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Yup, I did... thanky!

Gulcrapek
May 13th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Interesting... in the middle of my birthday dinner, Marty Markowitz strolls in in hippie clothes with 3 other people and sits down 2 tables away.

NewYorkYankee
May 14th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Happy late B-day Gul! So, did you decide to go to CUNY?

krulltime
June 8th, 2005, 04:26 AM
You guys have to be careful about sex offenders and people like that. I would never even put a picture of me on the computer let alone the internet. But I geuss those people dont frequent New York Forums, just chat rooms.

Oh you watch too much of Law & Order TV show for sure. Hehe... ;)

http://www.pbase.com/image/44364362.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/44364363.jpg

bohemian rhapsody
June 17th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Heck why not...

Name: Lauren
Place of birth: Maine
Interests: art, fashion, architecture, design, film, literature, music, politics, travel, NYC!
Random facts/talents: recently quit school to work (save $$) to move to NY next spring

Holy.... I just read through this thread. I didn't realize how many of you were teenagers. Everyone is so knowledgeable. I assumed all of the regulars were much older. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/rhapsodie_boheme/meh/meeeeee.jpg

kz1000ps
June 21st, 2005, 07:20 PM
Surprising how many people are young'uns to me also, although I'm one of them too. Kudos to youth who can spell and punctuate! And Law & Order, many college kids put their entire lives up on websites at thefacebook.com or myspace.com or others...pictures, interests, friends, music, you name it.

Name: Phil
Location: home - just outside of Albany.......school - Berklee College of MuzAk in Boston
Place of Birth: Norwich, Conn, but right after moved to Brattleboro, VT (not that I remember..)
Interests: music (drumming), architecture/urban planning, drawing architecture and cars, reading, football, helping the environment
Random facts: spent two years at SUNY Buffalo (studying arch one semester)...my father works for Amtrak and so I can ride any train for free whenever I want, and being based out of Albany, I can access Buffalo, Boston, NY or even Montreal with rediculous ease.....as a result I've been to NYC somewhere approaching 60 times thus far....I also played on the main stage of Carnegie Hall back in '99 with the orchestra I was in...

http://img223.echo.cx/img223/2600/phil3oj.jpg

kz1000ps
June 21st, 2005, 07:34 PM
Good eyes, Law. 111 Huntington is lovely up close or afar, but unfortunately I can't say the same about the Pru. It's cool for how 1960 it is, but otherwise I find it plain awkward as a composition. I forget who, but someone said it looks like a Japanese robot just waiting to sprout arms and legs and do battle with a creature, to which I laughed and now every time I look at it (I'm 3 blocks away so it's impossible to ignore) I think of this thought. And really, it does look like it's just waiting to do something, but it never does. Nevertheless, it is one of the two big skyscrapers I have here and so I love it regardless.

krulltime
June 22nd, 2005, 07:35 PM
Its ugly yes, but it has a nice view at the top, and nice shops at the bottom. Not to mention, it says GO SOX! I like the lighting of 111 Huntington.

Where is this building at?

krulltime
June 22nd, 2005, 07:50 PM
111 Huntington? Or the Prudential Center? Both are in Back Bay. 111 Huntington is right next to the Prudential Center.

Back Bay? Where is that at? Is it in a city?

sfenn1117
July 12th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I guess it's only fair that I join too.....

Name: Steve

Place of birth: Fort Hamilton (VA hospital)

Interests: roller coasters, skiing, meteorology (yeah I'm a weather nerd), skyscrapers of course

Random facts/talents: None that I can think of......but I'm starting college in the fall at Lyndon State in northern Vermont to study meteorology. Making a big step and leaving the city for the first time. But I love cold weather and snow and skiing. I get jealous when it rains in the city and it snows in the northwest suburbs. SO it's a good fit, only temporary, I can't imagine living permanently anywhere but NYC.

Pic- heh....maybe later

BrooklynRider
July 13th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Interesting that more of the "Senior Members" and active (i.e. vocal) members haven't checked in here. I too am really surprised, not only by the knowledge of these (relatively) young posters, but the passion!

Since I'm old enough to be the father of some of you, I will raise a glass of wine to you (while admonishing you to beware the evils of alcohol). <hiccup!>

Alonzo-ny
July 18th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Name: Craig O'Hare
Location:Currently brooklyn for this summer til the 12th september after its back home to rainy glasgow, scotland
Place of birth: Glasgow!
Interests:Architecture, skyscrapers, new york, space, photography, sport, movies, traveling, boozing (im legal in uk!!!), buddhism ghosts and stuff, to an extent.
Random facts/talents: Studying architecture in Dundee university in scotland (Best in country, one of best in uk) my teacher is a crazy irish architect who worked for a company called powell and moya. he is visionary and ill be great one day because of him!! Talents architecture, video games, drinking alot and living up to my scottish/irish stereotypes! Random fact, the start of my infactuation with skyscrapers/ new york, reading a book as a kid with all the world records and reading worlds tallest building empire state with a drawing of it towering above the clouds, the start of the dream!!!!!!!!

Alonzo-ny
July 18th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Glasgow!!

Ninjahedge
July 19th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Interesting that more of the "Senior Members" and active (i.e. vocal) members haven't checked in here. <hiccup!>

Like who BR? ;)

Gulcrapek
September 17th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Bumpity bumpatabap.

vriomsmurf
October 3rd, 2005, 03:46 AM
Name: Heidi Norg&#229;rd
Place of birth:Sortland, Vester&#229;len (North of Norway)
Interests:travelling, food
Random facts/talents: I work as an technical draftsman/office manager for an architect in Norway.
I'm married and have a beautiful son, age 2.
My dream (which soon will come true i hope) is to travel to New York. I'm saving each month for this.http://www.fotoknudsen.no/archive24/14072004102947PKDB675ee1xk6RU5UVb1ot/thumb/14092005103802fAAL6ITQTnC3.jpg

stache
October 3rd, 2005, 10:05 AM
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3535/bwfull5bz.th.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bwfull5bz.jpg)

Name : Paul
Living in Chelsea NYC -
Age : 51 (Old enough to be many of youse Grampa's "little whippersnappers!") lol! The photo is about two years old -
Born in central Indiana - can we say 'deadly'? Ran screaming from there at earliest opportunity... still screaming... but that's another story -
Job : I am a costumer by trade.
I have also lived in Chicago, San Francisco and L.A. Thumbs down to the last one...
My alter ego is forced to share a hut with "Ginger" due to a boating accident. :P
I love to travel.

lofter1
October 3rd, 2005, 11:06 AM
Name: Call me "Jeff" (Why? Birth name is name Jeffries Gunderson. 'nuf said?)
Age: I'll keep that to myself. Oddly I'm aging very well, given the circumstances
Interests: photography, blondes
Personal facts: Not the marrying kind (about my current love: "She's too perfect, she's too talented, she's too beautiful, she's too sophisticated, she's too everything but what I want")
Current situation: Homebound. Too much time on my hands. Once I get this damned cast off my leg I'll be able to get out of this place and get on with my life. Take some pictures of something other than my boring neighbors. Spend less time blogging.

ryan
October 3rd, 2005, 01:02 PM
What's your blog url?

Schadenfrau
October 3rd, 2005, 01:02 PM
Lofter, I broke my leg last year and am cringing just remembering it. I hope you heal quickly.

lofter1
October 3rd, 2005, 01:21 PM
What's your blog url?

Don't have my own blog (I'd never get out of the house). Just check in on others.

krulltime
October 3rd, 2005, 01:35 PM
Hey Jeff.. Nice to see you... but I cant see you too well on tha photo.

Also a welcome to alonzo-ny, vriomsmurf and stache! :)

lofter1
October 3rd, 2005, 01:42 PM
This better ?

Swede
October 3rd, 2005, 02:19 PM
Name: Gustav Svärd
Place of birth: St. Erik Hospital, Stockholm
Interests: Skyscrapers, urban planning, politics, space
Random facts/talents: I will be buying the new Warriors DVD coming out soon, I've been at SSP for over 5 years & have met over a dozen SSP/SSC forumers (less than half of 'em Swedish, some even NewYorkers! :D)
teh Swede and the latest forumite he has met (some here might recognize her):
http://static.flickr.com/24/45875578_a00df5982d.jpg

Azazello
October 3rd, 2005, 10:45 PM
Name: Azazello
Location: Area affectionately known as Upstate Manhattan (http://www.seroy.com/sys-tmpl/scrapbook2/)
Place of birth: Philly-town
Interests: Travel; to-be-determined
Random facts/talents: Have lived and worked in three other countries - Kenya, England, Switzerland

Gulcrapek
January 7th, 2006, 04:06 PM
New people....

Freebird
January 9th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Me..Emma
From...England
Interests....Photography, New York, architecture.....no time for much else as I am also studying Construction/Building Surveying at uni
Job..I have my own interior design business and art web site.
Age...notice that this has been left blank...surfice to say mid 30's is everything they say it should be for a woman....
I am also a Yankees fan. Managed to get to the opening games last year and although was in town for the world series was disappointed they didnt get there but cheered on the White Sox instead.
I am irish italian descent and feel very at home in NY

No pictures but here are my sites (picture of me on one of them..)

www.emmalove.com
www.interiorlove.co.uk