PDA

View Full Version : The Northern Tip of Manhattan Island

CraigAlan
September 19th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Howdy,

The wife and kids and I will be in Manhattan for the last two weeks of November. (We're renting an apartment on the Upper West Side.) I've been to the City three times before. This time, since I'll be there for two weeks, I want to roam around some of the less celebrated parts of the island. For some reason I'm intrigued with Inwood Park and Baker Field. I was thinking about going to the Columbia Lions/Brown Bears football game on November 22nd. I also want to look around the portion of Manhattan (technically, New York County) that's located on the U.S. Mainland. (I'm talking about Marble Hill).

For you local NYers, do you think I'll be wasting my time? It's just that I want to be in parts of Manhattan that many native New Yorkers might never have been.

Also, I know that the technical southern boundary of Harlem is around 90th St. Does the northern boundary extend all of the way to the Harlem River?

BrooklynRider
September 19th, 2003, 09:29 AM
There are some cool places North of Harlem. Most notably The Cloisters, Fort Tryon Park and a walk across the GW Bridge.

skeaya
September 21st, 2003, 03:08 AM
Why are you so focused on staying in Manhattan? If you want to go unusual places, a first step would be to get off the island.