PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Anti-Semitism Is Resurging?

Ptarmigan
October 1st, 2003, 12:00 AM
Do you think anti-Semitism is resurging right now? I know anti-Semitism has always been around since the Jews have existed. I find all this Jew baiting and anti-Semitism appalling and sickening, like Jews use blood for Purim and Jews control the world. This is all garbage!

TLOZ Link5
October 1st, 2003, 12:46 PM
Sadly, I happen to think that's the case.

Kris
October 1st, 2003, 01:52 PM
In America?

dbhstockton
October 1st, 2003, 05:34 PM
Is it even worse in Europe, like I've heard?

TLOZ Link5
October 1st, 2003, 05:56 PM
In America?

I can't quote the source, but a Daily News article in late 2001-early 2002 featured a poll that showed that more than 50% of Americans harbor at least some anti-Semitic views.

Kris
October 1st, 2003, 05:58 PM
Is it even worse in Europe, like I've heard?
I've never witnessed it (scribbles on bathroom doors aside), but given some recent election results and events it must be. I thought it was extremely marginal in the States.

JMGarcia
October 1st, 2003, 06:49 PM
It depends if you consider anti-Israeli sentiments (which are becoming more common) to also be anti-semitic. If so then its on the rise, if not then I think its probably no worse now than in the recent past.

Freedom Tower
October 1st, 2003, 08:04 PM
Well I have noticed more anti-semitism recently. Then again I have always noticed at least some of it. But I definately think it is on the rise.

TLOZ Link5
October 1st, 2003, 09:07 PM
Which is scary. I don't like a lot of Israel's policies, but then again neither do many of my Jewish friends. One of my good friends is on sabbatical there now. I worry about him a lot.

chris
October 2nd, 2003, 06:14 PM
Most of my life, many of my friends have been Jews. I see a lot of anti-semitism in the leaders of the black community. Al Sharpton rarely shies from the opportunity to take a swipe at Jews and Jessie Jackson has on occasion been taken to task for his anti-semitic remarks... not least we start in on Farrakhan's record. As a rule, I find anti-semitism relatively low in the US, though it does rear its ugly head... but nothing compared to what I see displayed in Europe.