PDA

View Full Version : Norwalk, Connecticut

North2South
October 20th, 2003, 10:14 PM
OK, my cousins just moved up that way, and I'm curious does anybody know what that town's like? I rarely go north of the Bronx, so Connecticut as a whole is kind of a mystery to me. Is it safe? Train access? How big? Racial/ ethnic makeup?

North2South
October 24th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Nobody knows about Norwalk?

TLOZ Link5
October 24th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Guess not :(

North2South
October 25th, 2003, 11:33 AM
lol

I was hoping you had some info............

Zoe
October 25th, 2003, 01:05 PM
I make it a habit to avoid CT at all costs. Something about the cops on quotas, speed traps and that 55mph speed limit.

North2South
October 25th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Well I just never had a reason to go there, even though my friend is from New Haven.

NYatKNIGHT
October 27th, 2003, 11:02 AM
I went to an Oyster Festival in Norwalk once - it was pretty fun. I wasn't too impressed with what I saw there, but that was like 10 years ago, maybe it got better.

Bob
December 18th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Zoe's comments from 2003 are still legit. We're still stuck with a stupid 55 mph limit on I-95, CT 8, and the Merritt Parkway...even though the 85th percentile speed is typically as much as 75 mph on any of these roads.

Can't offer much about Norwalk. The Maritime Museum is worth a visit, if nothing else but to check out the IMAX theater. There are some interesting shops and a few good restaurants in South Norwalk. That's about it.

ryan
December 18th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I actually think Norwalk is one of the best parts of CT. It's one of the only urban/pedestrian areas in the state, and perhaps the most diverse place I've seen up that way. There are a few other (small) areas in CT that aren't a whitewash, but they are extremely segregated.

Norwalk is no big city, but it doesn't need to be with grand central an hour away. The water is right there and there is a developing street life... a bit of New England quaintness and a bit of city grit. Very refreshing change from the suburban sprawl/urban blight that's consumed the rest of the state.

londonlawyer
January 22nd, 2005, 05:07 PM
Norwalk is pretty crappy. Parts of it that border the mega-rich town of New Canaan are nice, but there are really terrible areas. No one with any money wants to live there.