PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound

ThuRsDaY
January 6th, 2004, 12:11 AM
People in my group dislike the idea of flying so we are looking into bus fares. I know Greyhound provides good prices, but some people have told me with stops it would take 18 hours to go to NYC. I'm from Northeastern Ohio and when I visited NYC before we took a private coach tour bus a travel agent provided and got there in 8 hours. I was hoping Greyhound provided straight through traveling with no long stops. I was just wondering if any of you have ever taken a Greyhound bus, and if so was it not too bad? Do you know of any other bus lines besides Greyhound? :?:

NYatKNIGHT
January 6th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Sounds like a nightmare bus ride, but that's just me. Maybe you can charter a bus?

busbank.com (http://www.busbank.com/getaquote.cfm?afid=2E808F19-969C-4BEB-B9C0-470CEC23FFDA)

There's always Amtrak: Cleveland-->Pittsburgh-->Philadelphia-->New York

dchui
January 7th, 2004, 07:44 PM
some people have told me with stops it would take 18 hours to go to NYC.

Depending on the number of stops or transfers, there can be many hours' difference between the slowest and fastest Greyhound schedules. From Cleveland to NY, for example, the times range from 8.5 hours to almost 15 hours.

Amtrak will be more comfortable, since the seats are larger and you can walk around the train whenever you get bored, but its long-distance trains aren't particularly quick, may serve your preferred station at odd hours, and will probably be more expensive than the bus.

Ninjahedge
January 8th, 2004, 10:57 AM
It is too bad that some people are scared of flying, the whole deal could not take more than about 5 hours (including getting from the airports and stuff).

I would look into train schedules too, or booking a private bus, OR (if the group is small enough) renting a van or something and driving over yourself. The most expensive thing would probably be parking once you get here!!! ;)