PDA

View Full Version : New Building on Lincoln Square?

NYCJJ
January 13th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Been a daily reader of the board for over a year. Just thought someone might have some info to share about the new building going up on Lincon Square @ 65th/Broadway. Any info on developer, final design, sales/rental, etc? Thanks!

Gulcrapek
January 13th, 2004, 06:41 PM
http://www.glenwoodnyc.com/flash.htm

>Westside>Grand Tier

NYCJJ
January 14th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Thanks. Glenwood... the pricey ones... figures, given its great location.

Gulcrapek
January 14th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Yes, pricey with boring architecture... check out all their buildings, half of them looks the same. It seems like they have a bulk contract with Stephen Jacobs or something.

NYCJJ
January 15th, 2004, 02:22 PM
I'd tend to agree. When I saw the site cleared for construction I had high hopes, even the first few floors of steelwork looked promising. But after seeing it last weekend, its just another bland tower... Such a great location and so many angles to play off of. Its a shame they didnt take advantage of it.

IMO a nice clear curtain wall style, similar to bloomberg, would have added an interesting and effective mirror to the neighborhood. The tan facade just doesnt cut it.

As for the neighborhood, there is also a block right above Trump World Tower (B'way and 61st?) that has been cleared for a very long time. Havent been able to determine what might rise there. Anyone heard?

Ninjahedge
January 15th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Blah.

Looks the same as every other one out there....

NoyokA
January 15th, 2004, 06:36 PM
As for the neighborhood, there is also a block right above Trump World Tower (B'way and 61st?) that has been cleared for a very long time. Havent been able to determine what might rise there. Anyone heard?

That one's a mystery. Its astonishing that it has been vacant that long, especially with so many players in the area; Trump, Lincoln Center, Fordham... Im sure there is controversy over it, someone must know?

krulltime
January 16th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Yeah I wonder about that parcel close to the Trump world tower as well.

Another prime spot would be the one on south-east corner on 72nd ave. There is a Sleepys store and a Papaya hot dog place in a 2 story building that is not a structure of any importance. That could ask for development as well.

But I got a feeling that for those 2 spots they want to sell them for a LOT of $$$. There aren't enough potential spots available on broadway in this area that I have seen so far.

iceberg
March 27th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know the name and contact info of the company that designed and constructed the awning for the Grand Tier?

Peakrate212
March 27th, 2006, 06:52 PM
no idea...that is a nice part of building.

But, I have something to say to Len Litwin , the owner of Glenwood Management.

Mr. Litwin- You owe you fortune to the city of New York. You have profited from the desire of people to live in Manhattan (and pay a fortune for the prividge). There is nothing wrong with that at all, this is America. However, I do think that you owe us New Yorkers the gift of quality architecture. Your new building downtown is an exact duplicate of your Lucerne on 79th street; which are an improvement over the boxes you have built elsewhere - I live near your bland tower at 60th and Columbus. It maybe too late as you have already dotted the landscape and you are in your 80s. But, you do seem to keep building, so I beg you to think of your legacy and what you will leave behind - besides the family fortune. I think we all deserve more thought and yes, money into your plans. Thank you.