PDA

View Full Version : kids love brooklyn

sunfly
February 5th, 2004, 05:37 AM
http://perrynet.sparcc.org/genoa/images/brooklyn.jpg

Kids say the truth...

maroualle
February 5th, 2004, 05:50 AM
Birkenau birkenau, that reminds me something, a bad souvenir, right?

sunfly
February 5th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Its not the same place. But we have problems with the special souvenirs. Birkenau is my place of birth and a little town 20 km east of Mannheim.

Gulcrapek
February 5th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Is that where a concentration camp was?

sunfly
February 5th, 2004, 04:05 PM
The camp was another Birkenau near Auschwitz in Polska. Its not the same.
I was born in the other Birkenau near Mannheim and live here.
We are alle have bad memories on this times, not my times than i was born in 1962...

Gulcrapek
February 5th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Yup I know, just wondering if it was the same place.

maroualle
February 6th, 2004, 02:06 AM
The camp was another Birkenau near Auschwitz in Polska. Its not the same.
I was born in the other Birkenau near Mannheim and live here.
We are alle have bad memories on this times, not my times than i was born in 1962...

I could have a lot of questions for you, man as i've always been wonderning the feelings that you have concerning the history of your country.....

Like this one (don't take me wrong, i'm just asking): how would you feel if you knew that one person of your family was in the german army?

sunfly
February 6th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Hello maroualle,
no problem about the questions. I wondered only that a little picture from
a child about loving his parents and brooklyn start a discussion about german history.
My grandfather was in the german army but only in a low position and not
voluntary. Now he is 93 years old and its advantageous i can speak with him about this bad times. He was one of the first prisoners shipped to canada. Today he remember the times in prison very exactly. He began to love the states and his dream was to come back ! The dream come true with 80 years. Grandfather meets old friends for six weeks all over the states. He always had the american dream, but he could not live there.

Our generation had one important duty :
Never allow that could be reoccur ! Thats the assignment for all people of the world : To learn and make it better and donīt forgot the victims.

maroualle
February 6th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the reply and the nice story about your grand daddy.....