PDA

View Full Version : Question about Forum

Freedom Tower
February 8th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Recently I have had a problem when reading in the forum. If I read one topic in one section then when I'm done hit "Wired New York Forum Index" to check out a different topic it counts everything as being read. No longer does any topic appear with an orange sticker. They all have white stickers. Does anyone know why I'm having this problem? I would like to see what I've read and what I haven't so I can see what has been updated. This isn't working right now for me. Is it a forum problem or something in my own settings or even something I'm doing wrong?

Gulcrapek
February 8th, 2004, 10:40 PM
It happens to me too, not only in this forum but in others. I'm curious to know its source..

TLOZ Link5
February 9th, 2004, 01:13 AM
I've had that problem, too. It might take a few days before threads are marked unread again.

Freedom Tower
February 9th, 2004, 08:25 PM
That's awful. It doesn't happen all the time does it? If it does then I haven't noticed it.

fioco
February 9th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I'm not as hip a surfer as our intrepid young men, so I do it the old-fashioned way: use the back button. Are you folks using Explorer as your web browser? Tomorrow, I'll try the Index method at the bottom of the page and tell you if I have the same problem.
Bummer.

Rob
February 10th, 2004, 06:53 AM
That does only happen to me when I shut the window and come back again!

BrooklynRider
February 10th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Strangely, it happens on my home computer using Windows XP (not sure if that has any impact), but not oin my work computer using Windows 2000.

Glad it's not just me.

fioco
February 10th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Today I refrained from using the back button and relied solely on the navigation guides at the top and bottom of each page. No problems. I use Windows2000Pro and Explorer.

Freedom Tower
February 11th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Wow, that is odd. It must be a Windows XP problem? I am running XP with Internet Explorer. Maybe I should send an email to microsoft, I doubt if Mr. Gates would care, though :lol:

TLOZ, Gulcrapek, are you both running XP? If you are it definately seems to be an XP problem.

TLOZ Link5
February 11th, 2004, 02:34 PM
I have Mac OSX.

Freedom Tower
February 12th, 2004, 11:21 AM
That makes the situation even more confusing. It works for some people, but not others. And no one knows if it has to do with the OS. Also, I didn't always have this problem. It is recent. Maybe there is something in Internet Explorer that can fix it.

Ninjahedge
February 12th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Maybe cookie settings on your browser?

It seems like the unread only disapears when I have clicked something. Also, any topic I post to zaps to the top of the list even if I use the back button (something that does not happen on other boards). So I am guessing that the cookie gets updated after every post/event....

I don't know if this will change or solve anything, but....

Freedom Tower
February 12th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Thank you so much ninjahedge! That solved the problem! :D Do you work with computers? You got the problem right, I set my security settings a little lower to allow more cookies and bam! It worked. I owe you one. :wink:

Ninjahedge
February 13th, 2004, 10:52 AM
I play on computers.. ;)

I would consider myself technically savvy, but not an expert. I usually ask a lot of questions myself... ;)

Glad I could help!

Freedom Tower
March 6th, 2004, 05:37 PM
This is just a test. It seems my posts are stuck at 444. This is just a test.\

Ahh nevermind, 445. My last 2 posts both registered as the 444th i think :?