PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner Center Condominium Apartments

Edward
February 16th, 2004, 10:37 PM
http://www.nypost.com/realestate/43800.htm

YOU NEVER HAVE TO CHECK OUT
By CHRISTINA VALHOULI
December 13, 2003 -- THE MANDARIN ORIENTAL

BRING on the amenities. And by amenities, we mean the concierge, private elevators and, yes, even room service.

Later this month, people will start moving into the Residences at the Mandarin Oriental. Imagine the world's swankiest hotel, and then imagine living like that every day.

For starters, consider that the Residences are in the Time Warner Center, a complex that's home to top-end shopping, deluxe restaurants and the highest-priced pad in Manhattan - a 12,500-square-foot penthouse that sold for $45 million. Then factor in hotel perks like turn-down service, a spa and a glass-enclosed pool.

It's no wonder that the average price per square foot of a Mandarin condo is $2,800, about quadruple the Manhattan average. There are 66 residences in all, which start at $3.6 million, and 60 percent have been sold. On the "low end," an 1,100-square-foot apartment went for a stunning $4.6 million.

"The Residences at the Mandarin Oriental tower are some of the most expensive real estate in the city," says Douglas Elliman broker Michael Shvo, who has sold more than $170 million of property in the Time Warner Center. "It's definitely up there."

So what exactly do you get for your $2,800 per square foot?

"What it comes down to is service, service, service," says Dennis Mangone, 43, a Corcoran Group vice president who purchased an apartment at the Mandarin. "Everything is done for you here, and since I travel so much, it's really a lifestyle choice. I can call ahead and have my fridge stocked from Whole Foods, my bed turned down and champagne-chilling as well."

The biggest benefit to living within the Residences is the ability to access the services of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. It's private living, with the option of room service or somebody who can find you Broadway tickets. In addition, there's the French/Japanese restaurant Asiate, and the hotel staff can cater a party in your apartment.

If you want to branch out, there are all the shops and restaurants within the Time Warner Center, which will include a Whole Foods market, Equinox gym, L'Occitane and a new restaurant by French Laundry chef Thomas Keller.

Back at home, every apartment has its own elevator, which can take residents down to the pool area. "You could leave your apartment in your robe and slippers and come down to the spa without anyone seeing you," says Susan de Franca, senior vice president at the Related Companies, the principal developer of the Time Warner Center.

But it might be hard to leave, given what's inside each condo, as NYP Home discovered during a walk-through.

The apartments have a sleek look with high ceilings, pale linen wallpaper and marble and stainless steel kitchens, complete with a wine refrigerator, double built-in ovens and Miele stovetops.

The bathrooms feature marble, and some apartments have libraries and offices. There are also gigantic his/hers dressing rooms, as well as the all-important his/hers bathrooms. Some of the bathrooms have floor-to-ceiling glass windows, so it's possible to take a bubble bath, drink champagne, all while looking out over Central Park.

If you're worried about peeping Toms with telescopes - don't be. The windows have a special coating, which allows full light to come in, but restricts the view of outsiders.

"Our buyers typically have multiple homes, and the appeal of the Residences is that they don't have to worry about a thing," says de Franca. "Any wish can be granted, from turn-down service to dog-walking to booking theater tickets. You name it and they will do it."

And unlike many residences, the Mandarin charges for services on an la carte basis, rather than charging one lump monthly sum.

Although other New York hotels also offer apartments, Mangone said he only considered living at the Mandarin. "The technology here is amazing and so 21st century," he says.

Each floor is accessed with a fingerprint touch pad, and the apartments are so high-tech that residents could use a room as a recording studio or have teleconferences from their bed.

Sounds ideal for those who think that staying under the covers all day is the definition of five-star living.

Edward
February 16th, 2004, 10:39 PM
The condominium apartments in the south tower have the address of One Central Park, and those in the north tower - the Residences at the Mandarin Oriental. The Time Warner Center has 55 floors, but is being marketed as 77-floor building.

The condominiums start at $1.5 million and go up to $36 million for each of the two penthouses. One 12,500-square-foot penthouse on floors 76 and 77 has reportedly been sold to a London financier for $45 million.

One Central Park
Condominium apartments in the south tower

The Residences at the Mandarin Oriental
The average price per square foot of a Mandarin condo is $2,800, about quadruple the Manhattan average. There are 66 residences in all, which start at $3.6 million, and 60 percent have been sold. On the "low end," an 1,100-square-foot apartment went for a stunning $4.6 million.

The entrance to the south tower of condominium apartments at Time Warner Center - One Central Park. 14 February 2004.

http://www.wirednewyork.com/aol/images/one_central_park_14feb04.jpg (http://www.wirednewyork.com/aol/condominium.htm)

maroualle
February 17th, 2004, 08:39 AM
wow, sounds like a ghetto for millionaire...

TLOZ Link5
February 17th, 2004, 12:03 PM
wow, sounds like a ghetto for millionaire...

I was kinda thinking the same thing.

maroualle
February 18th, 2004, 01:45 AM
I know that jean-paul Sulitzer (french writer) has bought an appartment in Manhattan for 14 millions buck's......Can you believe this? Even JC Vandamme couldn't do that :-) and God knows that.....:-) Holly jean-claude

Ninjahedge
February 18th, 2004, 10:53 AM
My ego hurts.

onecentralpark
February 18th, 2004, 12:29 PM
my ego doesn't hurt, because my dad is going to move in south tower in a couple of weeks! :D
I'm not so excited. This building is like BIG BROTHER.
security everywhere...horrible.
the condo looks like an electric appliances mall, but the views are ingredible. :wink:

NoyokA
February 18th, 2004, 06:33 PM
oooh, the poor baby.... :roll:

Eugenius
February 19th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Aren't the views of the park from the Mandarin Residences blocked by Trump International? Hopefully, once your dad moves in, we can get an inside scoop. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Edward
February 19th, 2004, 11:29 PM
The Residences at the Mandarin Oriental are in the north tower, the apartments in the south tower are called One Central Park, and I think the apartments in the south tower have better park views.

billyblancoNYC
February 20th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Maybe when you're dad moves in we can have the 2004 Wired New York Annual Meeting.

Gulcrapek
February 20th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Hehehehee... good idea...