PDA

View Full Version : Where are good places to stay in the summer?

dferigmu
March 22nd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm going to be doing an internship in New York this summer and am trying to sort out my housing options. I applied to NYU and Columbia summer housing a week ago. NYU seems to fill-up very quickly, so I'm wondering if there are any other schools that offer summer housing for students working in the city. NYU is my first choice because itís in an awesome area, but I'm afraid housing there might not be available.

Also, are there any good web-sites where I could look for sublets that arenít too expensive?

Thanks

RandySavage
March 22nd, 2004, 04:35 PM
You're on the right track: To find cheap housing you can use your college student/summer intern status at the city's many universities (NYU, Columbia, Fordham, Rockefeller, Pace, Julliard, Hunter, etc.).

There are also realtors/management companies (they'll charge fees) that specialize in setting up summer interns with sublets all over the city. Go to http://newyork.craigslist.org/sub/ and do a keyword search using words like "summer", "intern", "college" and you'll see the general availability and can sort it out by neighborhood, dates and price range.

Don't forget that the more people you can find to move in together, the cheaper it will be. [/url]