PDA

View Full Version : Western Cowboy Vacation?

capeman692
April 22nd, 2004, 06:32 PM
Hi, We are from N.Y. and looking for a true western vacation. I found this one where they offer trailrides, roping, bull riding, bronco riding etc, its in Nebraska. Has anyone been there it looks great. www.milesranch.com Thanks

NYatKNIGHT
April 23rd, 2004, 12:06 PM
This place may be great, I don't know, but if you're looking for a truly western experience you should go to Colorado or Wyoming, they have the open country and the feel of the west - it's the real deal. This place is in eastern Nebraska which may be nice, but it's the midwest - not the same. I also prefer hunting in the wild to a managed private ranch with game fences, but that's me. And I don't see where this place offers trailrides, roping, bull riding, and bronco riding. Again, those types of places are all over the real "West".

capeman692
April 23rd, 2004, 02:28 PM
The reason we want to go here is that I guess it's the midwest where the real cowboys were. Wyatt Earp(Dodge City,Kansas), Buffalo Bill(North Platte,Nebraska), Jesse James(St. Joe,Missouri) Wild Bill(Deadwood,South Dakota). Sure Colo. & Wy. are pretty states but I dont know of any real cowboys that spent any time there. These guys at the Miles Ranch seam to me like real cowboys that rodeo all the time and teach people how to ride bulls & broncs, rope, trailride and all the other cowboy stuff I have dreamed about all my life. Anyway I will wait for their brochure and decide then.

AJphx
April 26th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Well, what about Arizona.