PDA

View Full Version : L.I.U.

NewYorkYankee
April 23rd, 2004, 02:46 PM
Hey everyone! :) Today I got a college packet in the mail, from the Long Island Univ. Brooklyn Campus....okay...heres where yall come in....comments on the school...bad/good school...any info appreciated!

Gulcrapek
April 23rd, 2004, 03:18 PM
I've heard people say it's ok, the education is good but a lot of people don't like the campus.

Schadenfrau
April 23rd, 2004, 03:23 PM
It's not ranked on the Princeton Review's list of the 351 best colleges. From what I understand, it's not very academically prestigious and is generally viewed as more of a commuter school.

What are you interested in studying?

NewYorkYankee
April 23rd, 2004, 03:48 PM
I want my M.B.A. focusing on finace... I know that I would rather get into NYU,Berkley, or Columbia...But becuase so many students request these schools and requirements for asmission are so high, I feel lik ei may not have a chance. My Grades arnt up to other students. But as I believe whatever you what to do, believe in it and you can do it. So If I want into one of these 3 schools I can do it. :D :) :D :) :D

NewYorkYankee
April 23rd, 2004, 03:49 PM
What did they say they didnt like about the campus?

Schadenfrau
April 23rd, 2004, 04:14 PM
It's good to be optimistic, but better to be pragmatic sometimes.

billyblancoNYC
April 23rd, 2004, 06:23 PM
Do you have a BS or BA already? Fordham and Pace have pretty good programs and Baruch is getting better and better.

NewYorkYankee
April 24th, 2004, 12:31 PM
lol, no, Im still in H.S.

NewYorkYankee
April 26th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Everyone said Fordham is good right??? I got some information from them today.

Schadenfrau
April 26th, 2004, 06:12 PM
You would do well to pick up a book rating various colleges around the country. While people on the internet can offer advice, making a decision about which school to attend is a pretty in-depth process.