PDA

View Full Version : Republican Convention: Anyone Sticking Around?

BrooklynRider
June 7th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Just wondering if anyone is making plans to escape the gridlock of convention week in NYC?

I'm heading to Costa Rica!

krulltime
June 7th, 2004, 02:55 PM
No...I am sticking around because I have to wok but I will want to be with the protesters somewhere.

:evil: They are not kicking me out!

Schadenfrau
June 7th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't miss it for the world: the protests, that is.

Freedom Tower
June 7th, 2004, 04:17 PM
What is all this protesting I hear about? It's one thing to protest against particular candidates, but people are protesting against the Republican party as a whole?! :?

I guess anyone without a liberal view must be evil and must be protested against huh? :roll:

Jasonik
June 7th, 2004, 04:36 PM
If I were a NYC resident, I'd be worried that the worldwide protester influx could lead to some rather volatile protester/police situations (read teargas). I wouldn't doubt it if ritzy hotels, restaurants, etc. w/ high profile guests hire sidewalk clearing 'goon-squads' to accomodate their patrons.
I'd bet that there will be a near-free-for-all-dirty-hippie-bash-fest once the anarchists start their stupid sh*t.
Stay way....STAY AWAY!

ZippyTheChimp
June 7th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I'll just sit back and watch it unfold. And laugh at the irony that the landscape is so changed, the reasons for choosing NY no longer exist.

NYatKNIGHT
June 8th, 2004, 02:32 PM
I will be in town, and my curiosity might even lead me into the hornets nest.