PDA

View Full Version : Living in a Boeing 727

krulltime
July 7th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Winging it

By BRADEN KEIL

It gives new meaning to "jet set": You can be the first on your block with a decommissioned Boeing 727 as your new home. "It is our intention to deliver and set the airplane up on a column and bearing arrangement so it weathervanes," says the seller, Max Power Aerospace, Inc. "We will try to deliver and install it to the buyer's needs."

The Boeing 727-200 Aircraft Fuselage (it's minus the engines) comes with the wings, cabin doors, rudders and stabilizer to give it that flight-ready look.

The home can be placed on a special pole at elevations up to 20-feet high. (We haven't tried this, but the plane people say the airplane will rotate nicely inside a one-acre lot.) "The Airplane Homes are made to be up in the wind. Some hilltop lots are not suited for conventional homes but are ideal for an airplane home," claims the company's Web site at www.airplanehomes.com.

The interior, measuring about 11 feet wide by 110 feet long, or 1,210 square feet, includes air conditioning and heating, and a basic kitchen and lavatory. Overhead bins are available at no additional charge.

Each wing can support up to 71 people weighing 175 pounds each, and can be completely hand-railed as a terrace.

The aircraft comes with 106 windows and window shades - 48 windows are on each side and 10 windows are in the cockpit. "We have left the cabin windows as they are, in place and tightly sealed," says the company. "We have replaced the cockpit windows with windows that open out so breezes can be enjoyed."

Options include a hot tub and a functioning cockpit, based on the Microsoft Flight Simulator. The list price, minus the land, is just $315,000.

Copyright 2004 NYP Holdings, Inc.

krulltime
July 7th, 2004, 03:59 PM
The home can be placed on a special pole at elevations up to 20-feet high.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea...

Ninjahedge
July 7th, 2004, 05:32 PM
It would look great at the trailer park!

Gulcrapek
July 7th, 2004, 07:22 PM
I'd love to take a tour once it's bought.

krulltime
July 8th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Well...I woudnt want to live in one. It is so tacky. Trailer parks for the rich I guess.