PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Edison

Diana
September 6th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I will be arriving at LaGuardia airport at appox 8:00 A.M on Oct 20th (Wed morning). I will be traveling by myself and I was wondering what would be the quickest way to get to the Hotel Edison on 228 West 47th Street at that time of the morning?

Also, does anyone have experience (good or bad) with the Hotel Edison?

londonlawyer
September 6th, 2004, 10:46 PM
I will be arriving at LaGuardia airport at appox 8:00 A.M on Oct 20th (Wed morning). I will be traveling by myself and I was wondering what would be the quickest way to get to the Hotel Edison on 228 West 47th Street at that time of the morning?

Also, does anyone have experience (good or bad) with the Hotel Edison?

If you want to save money, you can take the Super Shuttle which will bring you to the front of the hotel for about $20 from LaGuardia (but the driver might drop off five other people in Midtown before you). There are also private, coach-type buses for about $15 that go straight from La Guardia to Grand Central and then to the Port Authority. The latter, which is on 42nd St. and 8th Ave., is the better stop for you. These buses are better than the Super Shuttle if you don't have a lot of luggage to carry.

The Edison is ok. The rooms are in desperate need of a serious makeover/renovation, but they're clean.

Edward
September 7th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Yellow cab would be more convenient and would be around $30.

londonlawyer
September 7th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Yellow cab would be more convenient and would be around $30.

I rarely use LaGuardia but thought that it cost more than that (especially with the new taxi rates). I think that it's now about $50 from JFK including the flat fare, tip and tolls for the Midtown Tunnel or TriBoro. Although LaGuardia is closer to Manhattan than JFK, I didn't realize that it's that much cheaper.

Den Haag AvW
September 7th, 2004, 01:45 PM
I have a good experience with the Edison Hotel. I've stayed there three times and had no complains. It's also a great location with Times Square around the corner.

Bowbridge
September 12th, 2004, 05:28 PM
If you really want to save money (and don't have more than a bag or two), but a Metrocard at one of the newsstands in the airport and take the M60 bus into Manhattan and then use the free transfer to a downtown bus or the subway.

The quickest way IMHO is to take a taxi to Ditmars and 31st St in Astoria and then catch the N or the W into the city. You won't hit any traffic that way.

Bowbridge

DnH
October 12th, 2004, 04:04 PM
hotel edison is definatly one of the best hotels..

abbygirl
August 5th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Ya I just stayed their Aug. 1,2,3rd, 2005. Though our beds were single. and rooms were small. It was worth it to stay their. Right in the central of Time square I think. I got pictures of the inside of our room. So I can put them up hopefully this month. Once I recoup, hopefully soon. It was so nice to have a central locations. I liked how their was 6 elevators. were on the 9th floor!!!! Didn't get a view but was glad and thankful to have a room!! Thank you Edison Hotel!!!!

Joyce in Oregon