PDA

View Full Version : Religion

BrandonUptown
November 4th, 2004, 01:58 PM
I was just curious so...If I may ask... What is everyones religion here?

thomasjfletcher
November 4th, 2004, 04:46 PM
RC

TLOZ Link5
November 4th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Raised Catholic, but currently agnostic.

Gulcrapek
November 4th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Jewnostic.

NYatKNIGHT
November 5th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Same as TLOZ, RC-nostic. The Irish variety.

ZippyTheChimp
November 5th, 2004, 11:31 AM
I was raised Catholic, pretty much the same way I raised my children - grounded in ritual when I was very young, but ignoring much of the dogma as I matured.

Despite the monolithic hierarchy, the Catholic church is largely local. We never paid much attention to the bishops. The nuns were another story.

BrandonUptown
November 5th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Wow, all of you except Gul were raised catholic (Im assuming you meant you were raides catholic correct thomas?) But, what is agnostic? Sorry to sound so ignorant. I want to study religion when I get to college.

TLOZ Link5
November 5th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Agnostic means to be unsure of any kind of Almighty Existence; saying neither yes nor no and being ambivalent.

NYatKNIGHT
November 5th, 2004, 02:48 PM
BrandonUptown, care to tell us your religion and perhaps share the reason you asked?

BrandonUptown
November 5th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Im a Christian, more specific, methodist. I am interested in religon, and what other people think. I think it's very cool to try to understand why people believe what they do.

YesIsaidYesIwillYes
November 6th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Gnostic....j/k

I believe in Christ and accept him as our savior.

Bob
November 7th, 2004, 07:40 PM
I don't follow any organized religion, but the way I see it, somebody or something put us all here, and created everything. I suspect we mere mortals cannot even begin to comprehend it, much the way an ant will never figure out nuclear physics.

kmistic
November 8th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Agnostic means to be unsure of any kind of Almighty Existence; saying neither yes nor no and being ambivalent.

I am this i just didn't know what to call it.

Ninjahedge
November 9th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Dutch Reformed/Protestant.

I refer to it as "Relaxed Catholic".

All the Faith, half the Dogma!

And then I took what I learned there and made my own decisions.

NYatKNIGHT
November 9th, 2004, 03:05 PM
My sister started bringing her kids to a Lutheran church in her town instead of the Catholic church because, as she says, "all the perks without the guilt." Calls it "Catholic Lite".