PDA

View Full Version : Howard and Mel together again

muscle1313
November 18th, 2004, 10:26 PM
at Sirius Satellite radio. I can't believe it. Any of you guys subscribe? Any opinions? I was at the Stern rally today in Union Square. I think we are gonna subscribe.

Jasonik
November 19th, 2004, 02:45 PM
I saw him on Letterman last night. The Sirius market right now is about 750K listeners. If he can double that in a month or so (which I bet he can) he'll be well on his way to becoming the media mogul he wants. Incidentally his daily radio listenership now is about 9 million.

I don't listen but heard that he can't really talk about the Sirius deal on the airwaves because of his contract. Did he really play up the "I'm going to be on letterman tonight, MAKE SURE TO WATCH?"

muscle1313
November 19th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Oh yeah he pushed his Letterman appearance like crazy. I understand the ratings were through the roof. I am interested if anybody here subscribes to Sirius? Is it worth it? I got a certificate at the rally for a free Sirius boombox if I subscribe for a year within the next week. It may be worth it to get it now or just buy the radio when Howard goes there in 2006. My wife thinks we should subscribe now.

Bob
November 22nd, 2004, 10:07 PM
I've had my fill of Howard. The show went downhill the minute he let Jackie go. Then, this year, the show deteriorated even further into a daily whine of bitter hatred toward George Bush. As bad as his show is now, I don't see how it will be improved by Howard using the freedom afforded by satellite to generously add the f-word to every sentence.

Howard needs to return to comedy, satellite radio or not.

muscle1313
November 22nd, 2004, 10:41 PM
The show went downhill the minute he let Jackie go.

Wow, I think Artie is sooo much better than Jackie.

NYatKNIGHT
November 23rd, 2004, 10:44 AM
I like Artie better too. No more Jackie promotions! Though I do miss how they made fun of him. I don't like Crazy Cabbie either. I liked it better when Howard was married though.