PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Movies

thatshott
December 3rd, 2004, 09:52 AM
Anyone looking forward to anything in particular?

Deimos
December 3rd, 2004, 12:48 PM
Revenge of the Sith... i'm more excited for this than I was back in 99 for Episode I. I just hope that Lucas has gotten his act together finally!

Ninjahedge
December 3rd, 2004, 02:41 PM
You can hope, but after I and II, I am not paying him anything to see III.

Oh, add to it his "creative editing" of 4-6 for the DVD set.

BLEH!!!!

thatshott
December 14th, 2004, 03:55 PM
King Kong and Chronicles of Narnia look pretty good. And oh! War of the Worlds looks awesome too. I heard that they were shooting in NY. Did anyone hear where they were?

WizardOfOss
December 14th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy...

Eugenius
December 14th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Hitchhiker's Guide? They are making a movie out of this?!
It's about time. The low-budget British version does not do this book justice.

NoyokA
December 14th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Chronicles of Narnia

Great! Can't wait for that one!

thatshott
December 15th, 2004, 05:11 PM
I know - Narnia is looking awesome. They have some actual footage from WETA on Ain't it Cool - which have set my expectations way high.

WizardOfOss
December 19th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Hitchhiker's Guide? They are making a movie out of this?!
It's about time. The low-budget British version does not do this book justice.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0371724/
http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/movienews/index.html

They said they won't use any digital FX, I'm wondering what Zaphod Beeblebox will look like...

Deimos
December 19th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Hitchhikers should be great... I like the cast they put together for that one. I'm curious to see how spielberg is going to interpret war of the worlds as well. And Ninja, I share your sentiment regarding episodes I and II, however, star wars is still my favorite of all time (and the basis for my primary email address since the early 90's) so I have to have faith.

NoyokA
December 19th, 2004, 08:51 PM
I know - Narnia is looking awesome. They have some actual footage from WETA on Ain't it Cool - which have set my expectations way high.

Glad to hear it. I really enjoyed the PBS miniseries, I can only hope for what the big-screen can do. Ofcourse nothing compares to the book itself and the power of the imagination.