PDA

View Full Version : Riverside Inn

Michi
December 28th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Hi New yorkers.
I'll stay in Riverside Inn for 4 weeks in July and it will cost 800$ I think it's a very good prive for so long time.
Anyone know it?
Anyone now other residence like riversideinn? with a similar prices and in manhattan?
Thanks.
Bye

JMGarcia
December 28th, 2004, 10:11 PM
The Riverside Inn is on the Upper West Side in a good location. Its an old building that has been converted to an Inn. The rooms are probably very, very simple and you might have to share a bathroom but if that's OK with you then it is probably fine.

http://www.riversideinn-ny.com/

Michi
December 29th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Okh JMGarcia, Thanks for your information.
What do you think about the price? si it expensivy or cheap?
If you know more Inn like this one don't forget to tell me the names.
I think I'll be alone in the bedroom, but in we go two or three perhaps for a bit more price ( like 1200$ more or less and apartment for 2 or 1500$ and apartament for 3) we can rent an apartamnet to be there all month? What do you thhink about it? Thanks.
Bye

Schadenfrau
December 29th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Four weeks for $800 is a very good deal: less than $30 a night. You're not going to be spending much time in the hotel, so you'll have money to spend on other things.

Michi
December 29th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Yes you're rigth. I'll spend a few time in hotel, only sleep and a bit more.
I think I'll not search more residence and I'll choose Riverside Inn.
Thanks to all.

Marty
December 30th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Before you make your decision
Look into these. Iíve been to all three and if you are looking for a price ratio to comfort this is pretty good.
All built pre-war, nice clean and safe neighborhood. The facilities are the same, small rooms, shared bathrooms, some renovated others not, but the price per night the cheapest on the Island and if you are staying a month, Iím sure you can bring the price down considerably!

West end Studios
850 west End Ave. between 101st and 102nd.
(212) 749-7104

Ellington Hotel
610 West 111th
212 864-7500.
Some are a little more uneasy about this one seeing itís up into the Harlem area but youíre right in front of the Seinfeld restaurant on Broadway and 113th called Tomís restaurant.

Also there are 2 others
The Morningside Inn
And West Side Inn, these 2 are side by side on 107th between Broadway and Amsterdam.
Shared bathrooms, and small rooms, but again the price very affordable!
I donít have a tel number for it.
Iíve stayed here and it cost $80.00 a night. For Manhattan that is a steal. Safe neighbourhood again!

Good luck enjoy.

Michi
December 30th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Marty, thanks for your information.
I already sent a email to ask about the prices, ,but I couldn't find the official website of Ellington Hotel. Do you its email?
Thanks
Bye

Marty
December 31st, 2004, 06:40 AM
Iíve mislead you, Iíve never stayed at this one although Iíve done the other 3 and they are all about the same. All pre-war and somewhat renovated. Keep in mind this is NYC and finding something cheap means something old with amenities to a minimum! Here is the Ellington website.

http://www.nychotels.com/ellington.html

There is one hotel that I thought was too rundown.
Parkview Studio Hotel
55 Cathedral Pky (212) 369-3340.
This one is just north of Central park, it is a student type of hotel with bunk beds in some and shared bathrooms. I saw it after the 9-11 crisis and decided not to stay there, it was beyond my level of comfort. If you donít mind this is the less expensive lodging I found on the island!

M.

ZippyTheChimp
December 31st, 2004, 10:03 AM
Michi:

Maybe your difficuly in deciding on a place to stay is because you are not familiar with prices in New York City.

These are just average numbers for hotel rates:

one star hotel - $130 per night
five star hotel - $355 per night.

$800 for an entire month is an excellent price. Sharing facilities with other rooms may be an advantage for you - an opportunity to meet other people.

Michi
December 31st, 2004, 10:52 AM
Thanks for all your information Marty, but how say Zippy, 800$ for 4 weeks are a really good price.... I think I'll go to Riverside Inn or Morningside Inn who has a similar price (only about 40$ more in total).
And remember, If anyone offer his home to can be there... I pay 800$ hehe...
Bye friends. thanks to all for the information.The next week I'll write a new question.
Happy new year's eve and have a great 2005 (year in which I'm gonna know NEW YORK, and perhaps anyone of you)
BYEEE...