PDA

View Full Version : Vanderbilt YMCA

Michi
January 6th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Hi friends!!
I just find another residence for my friends and my. Now, we'll go, at least, 4 friends and we found the Vanderbilt YMCA, and the prices is $110 in a Quad bedroom.
It's located at at 224 East 47th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenue. I think than the place is so good and safe.
The school where we'll go to study is inside the Pennsylvania Hotel - on 7th Avenue between West 32nd street and West 33rd street ( I think it's in front of MSG and Penn Station. Am I right?) and there are no a direct subway or bus from the residence to the school, but I don't know how many time can we late walking from the residence to the school...
I would like somebody answer about the Vanderbilt about it and about the zone and about the time walking...
And sorry for my bad english ( I have to study this year after finish my exams in February; don't luagh at my mistakes)
Thanks and bye..

ManhattanKnight
January 6th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Hi friends!!
I just find another residence for my friends and my. Now, we'll go, at least, 4 friends and we found the Vanderbilt YMCA, and the prices is $110 in a Quad bedroom.
It's located at at 224 East 47th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenue. I think than the place is so good and safe.
The school where we'll go to study is inside the Pennsylvania Hotel - on 7th Avenue between West 32nd street and West 33rd street ( I think it's in front of MSG and Penn Station. Am I right?) and there are no a direct subway or bus from the residence to the school, but I don't know how many time can we late walking from the residence to the school...
I would like somebody answer about the Vanderbilt about it and about the zone and about the time walking...
And sorry for my bad english ( I have to study this year after finish my exams in February; don't luagh at my mistakes)
Thanks and bye..

You are correct about the location of the hotel and the lack of a direct subway connection to the YMCA. You could walk the short distance to Grand Central Terminal and from there reach the hotel by subway (with one transfer between subway lines). A walk from the YMCA to the hotel would probably take 20-30 minutes. Since you're considering a YMCA, you might look at the Westside YMCA, on West 63rd Street near Central Park. A super location and near a subway station that has a direct connection to the hotel. It's described here: http://www.ymcanyc.org/sub.php?p=services&sp=guest/guestmanhattan

Michi
January 6th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Yes, I know about the West Side YMCA, but I know the pices too and it's expensive. We will be there fours weeks and is a lot of money fow us.
The problem of Vanderbilt is the time to arrive at school.
But 30 minutes walking each day in diferrents streets is not much.
Thanks and bye

billyblancoNYC
January 7th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Yes, I know about the West Side YMCA, but I know the pices too and it's expensive. We will be there fours weeks and is a lot of money fow us.
The problem of Vanderbilt is the time to arrive at school.
But 30 minutes walking each day in diferrents streets is not much.
Thanks and bye

Here's a great little map to help you out with the subways if need be:
http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm

You can click on either the subway line itself, or each individual stop (to see what lines stop there).

Also, here's the Manhattan bus lines:
http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/manbus.pdf

This one's just a pdf and not "clickable."

Michi
January 7th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Hi billyblancoNYC, I already have all posible maps and information about the subway and bus in New york. But I would like to know more or less how many time can carry from residence to school.
I think the best combination possible is go to 53 st and take line E and go to Penn Station.
Thanks.
Bye