PDA

View Full Version : What is the best time to go to NYC?

Jimbo Holland
January 9th, 2005, 02:16 PM
what's the best time to go to NYC? and when is there enough to do?
winter or the summer?

TLOZ Link5
January 9th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Regardless of the season, there's always something to do in New York. The only thing that comes close to an off-season in New York is late summer, when it's really hot and humid; many of the city's elite go on holiday elsewhere. The best times to see the City are fall and spring.

ryan
January 9th, 2005, 05:14 PM
I think early December is an ideal time for just seeing the sights - it's warm enough to walk around, but you can still enjoy the holiday decorations. April/May is also a great time - especially for parks. TLOZ is right that some people take off in the summer, which makes for a different vibe.

If you have some specific interest, you should look into its high/low seasons. The art scene, for example, takes summer off, so the first weekend in September is the best time to see art. Some TV shows don't tape over the summer, etc...

billyblancoNYC
January 9th, 2005, 06:06 PM
I agree there's no one time. I do think summer has it's merits, though. Sure it's a little muggy at times, but it's easier to get into "hotspots." There's always tons of festivals and activities planned all during the summer. The girls look smokin' hot in little outfits. you can head out to the beaches if that's your thing, too.

I enjoy Fall the most...it cools a bit, people are refreshed from summer, the leaves are changing, it's not too hot or too cold.

Of course, the spring is nice for the same reason (opposite, with the weather warming).

I dunno, anytime, is a good time, really. The worst would be Jan and Feb. All other times are pretty damn good.

And, yes, there's always a ton to do, even in Jan and Feb.

Schadenfrau
January 10th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Fall is really lovely here. I'd suggest early October for a visit.