PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Seeking Forgotten Handbag Shop

Serenada
January 20th, 2005, 02:05 AM
Hi All

Was hoping someone could help name a handbag shop i visited while in New York over Christmas. I grabbed a card but it was lost on the way home.

All i have is descriptions of my whereabouts but hopefully it will make sense to someone.

I had been in Lord & Taylor - and then ended up in this little handbag shop - with gorgeous handbags which were all by the same designer, they were in bright bold colours i.e. pinks and oranges and green. Sharp edges. Sloping angles. i.e. one design had a hard oval shape bottom - on one side the shape went up in a v shape which was longer on one side than the other creating a diagonal side to an oval top.

It was a quaint little shop with very trendy funky bags.

From there we kept walking, heading towards the New York State Theatre (to the opera) and went past Robert Indiana's red sculpture of the word 'LOVE' and then stopped for a drink at a trendy little restaurant which has the bar set at the back - and lots of tree like decorations lit up with blue lights.

Im thinking it may have been around 5th/6th and 57th??

If anyone knows what i am going on about - puhleeeaaaassse let me know!

THANKS!
Serenada :D

Schadenfrau
January 20th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Lord and Taylor is on 38th and 5th. Are you sure you were that far uptown?

Serenada
January 20th, 2005, 11:08 PM
We were just wandering the streets checking out the shops - i know we went past the park with the stalls in it - and the icecream booth out the front? We walked quite a fair way... :)