PDA

View Full Version : Custom Made Drawings

Talksoccer
February 2nd, 2005, 08:54 PM
Hey all,

Does anyone know where i can get custom made drawings of someone. Im trying to get a picture of my partner drawn up and i remember i used to see people a while ago do it in the middle of town but they dissapeared, so anyone know any where in NYC which can do it if i show them a picture possibly. Il be really greatful if you can find this out as it be a perfect present.

Cheers

NewYorkYankee
February 2nd, 2005, 09:41 PM
Times Square is filled with people drawing caricatures of people. I have one of myself. :)

Talksoccer
February 2nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
Do you think if i gave them a picture of someone of my phone, they can get them drawn?

ryan
February 2nd, 2005, 10:11 PM
Try craigslist (http://newyork.craigslist.org/)

NewYorkYankee
February 2nd, 2005, 10:43 PM
Do you think if i gave them a picture of someone of my phone, they can get them drawn?

Probably, if the picture was clear enough.

Eugenius
February 3rd, 2005, 11:09 AM
If, as I understand it, the picture is going to be from one of those cell phone cameras, as shown on a cell phone screen, I doubt you'd be able to get a high quality portrait. If, however, you show them a normal photograph, I'm sure it would not be a problem.

There are typically a lot of portrait artists hanging out at Grand Army Plaza and the entrance to Central Park near the corner of 59th St. and 5th Ave.