PDA

View Full Version : My weekly plan for NYC visit.

Jimi_thing
February 11th, 2005, 12:16 PM
I'd like to submit to the forum a day by day plan of my Trip to NYC on next May. Suggestions and corrections are VERY welcomed!

Saturday.
arriving at JFK at 6 pm, no idea how long will it take to pass immigration, but I guess that I wont be in my Hotel before 8 or 9 pm (taking a cab, I dont need more stress on my first ever flying trip) and almost immediatly to bed (jet lag, you know...). So day 1 is lost.

Sunday.
Morning: what about Harlem Gospel Choir at BB KIng Blues Club & Grill? Is it just a tourist attraction? My guess is that a Gospel Church in Harlem would be a better experience, but again, sticking to guides suggestions we might as well end up in made-for-tourists packet...

Afternoon: Chinatown, Tribeca, Soho: too much walking?

Evening: thinking about a movie, any suggestion on theaters worth checking out? (of course the movie itself should be worth seeing...)

Monday.
Morning and afternoon: Downtown Manhattan: Staten Island Ferry, Wall Street, Battery Park, Ground Zero, City Hall, Pier 17.

Evening: how about a Yankee game(Seattle will be visiting) for an average italian? (meaning soccer fan who has hardly ever seen a Ballgame in TV... but I know the rules of the game) It does seems like an experience to be made in a New York crowd...

Tuesday.
Morning and afternoon: Chrysler Building, New York Public Library, Grand Central Terminal, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockfeller Center. Then from Rockfeller Center take the F train all the way to Coney Island! How are your feelings about it?

Evening: back to Manhattan via the F train to Empire State Building Observatory; dinner in Little Korea.

Wednesday.
Morning and afternoon: Circle line Sightseen cruise from Pier 83; Rose Center for Earth and Space and a first visit to Central Park.

Evening: Broadway (maybe off-Broadway) show.

Thursday.
Morning and afternoon: Harlem, maybe a little Central Park again, The Roosevelt Island Tram, then MET.

Friday.
Morning and evening: a bus ride on Broadway from 86th Street to downtown Manhattan, hopping on and off whenever we like to: Columbus Circle (?), Flatiron Building, Union Square,Gramercy Park, The Greenwich Village; then Brooklyn Heights Promenade ( and Maybe Downtown Brooklyn too??) and the Brooklyn Bridge by feet back to Manhattan.

Saturday.
Once again, Central Park, this time all day long: relaxing, biking, playing basketball and maybe Row Boating...
Heading for JFK on early evening to be sure to catch the Fly back home.

Hope It wasn't too boring!

NewYorkYankee
February 11th, 2005, 02:01 PM
It dosnt sound boring at all! Sounds like you have a good plan to cover a lot of the city! I really like the Harlem trip on Sunday. Have a good time!