PDA

View Full Version : new york trip in 2 weeks!

Loaded
April 3rd, 2005, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new on this board - I've been to New York once before and really enjoyed, considering New Yorkers have a reputation for being hard to get to know I found everyone was really cool and they went out of their way to help at any time. I met some quality lads over there and I'm meeting up with one of the guys I had a few beers with when I go back in 2 weeks time.

I'm going with my brother so we're planning on doing all the stuff I did last time (which is fine by me!) and a whole lot more all being well.

One thing I was thinking about doing while I was there is have a game of football, well - SOCCER as you lot call it ;) .

Obviously it's something I can do over here (Tenerife) as often as I'd like but it'd be a cool way to meet people our age (mid 20's) and it may make my brother seem a really good player! How good can Americans possibly be???!!!!;) just kidding:) .

Anyone know how I'd go about this?

Thanks a lot.

TLOZ Link5
April 3rd, 2005, 06:01 PM
Just a few minor suggestions:

You could definitely check out Chelsea Piers. If you're visiting during soccer season, there's also the option of watching a MetroStars game.

Tenerife? That's one of the Canary Islands, yes?

Loaded
April 4th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Tell me more about the chelsea piers please mate, where is it for starters?

I'm going on 17th April, I think that's during the season - but I wanted to play rather than watch.

Yeah Tenerife is one of the Canary Islands, not many people outside of Europe have heard of that so full marks to you. I'm originally from England but moved here as a kid.

TLOZ Link5
April 4th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Chelsea Piers is on the Far West Side, around 23rd Street. It's a big recreational sports complex. It might not be the best option for a soccer game like I said, it was tentative idea since I'm not exactly the biggest soccer authority.

Anyone want to chime in?

alejo_muskus
April 5th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Hi Loaded, hello from Colombia (I'm also a big football lover, but I will never use the word soccer jajajaja, j/k). I went for the first time to NY on January and also had a great time, met a lot of people, mostly tourists like me but some NewYorkers and they were nice...overall the city treated me excellent...

I saw Chelsea Piers from the Circle Line cruises and it seemed okay to have fun playing a while, nothing pro. As a funny anecdote I went to a 6 weeks summer camp in the U.S (Lake Geneva, Wisconsin) like 20 years ago and I won the trophy for best soccer player and I'm no Valderrama. Of course, I have to accept U.S football has come a long way... what's your favourite team?

TLOZ knows a lot about geography.....also Tenerife is famous for the crash of two 747's at the airport and a great tourist spot...

An finally, the 17th is an excellent day...my birthday!!!!!

Loaded
April 5th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check out the Piers, sounds good - I just want a kick about really maybe meet some new peeps.

Yeah Tenerife had a pretty bad plane crash in the North Airport - Luckily I'm flying from the South airport!!!! I think that was 1977 wasn't it? Before I was born!