PDA

View Full Version : Trump Towers?

abbygirl
April 11th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know if trump towers have a place to eat lunch/dinner there? When we go to new york we'd like to visit trump towers (mainly cause of the show) and even eat there if they have a place for visiters that don't stay there. thank you.

Joyce

Schadenfrau
April 11th, 2005, 05:34 PM
There are a few overpriced and mediocre restaurants in Trump Tower. You'd be better off eating somewhere else.

abbygirl
April 13th, 2005, 09:52 PM
isn't anywhere you eat overpriced? are they buffet places at trump's? or restaurants, could u give me an exact amount if you can remember? thanks.

JOYCE

Schadenfrau
April 14th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Most places aren't overpriced. That's how people establish what is, in fact, overpriced.

If you want to spend $10 on a bad sandwich, by all means, dine at Trump Tower.

There's really not much to see there, unless you consider a Starbucks and Tower Records tour destinations. The building is open to the public, so you'd probably do best just to pop in and see if you'd like to stay.

ryan
April 14th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Abby-

Trump builds residential & office buildings, so there isn't a lot to see, and not a lot of restaurants. You can take pictures in front of Trump Tower on 5th Ave (I think they use it in the show - I see people taking pictures around there all the time) but it's not really an activity in its own. On the plus side, it's close to Rockefeller Center, St. Patricks, FAO Schwartz, Central Park, and a thousand other things you'll want to see. Memo to Trump - how about a bronze statue of you to take pictures with? Maybe just bronze the hairpiece? I imagine it would be a pretty good draw.

Restaurants are so subjective that I won't advice, but you'll probably find something interesting after spending some time reading the chowhound (http://www.chowhound.com/boards/manhat/manhat.html) message boards.

BrooklynRider
April 15th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Actually, if you go into Trump Tower you can witness one of the ugliest, most garish, tasteless, and offensive lobby interiors in Manhattan. Mr. Trump creates a dazzling physical record of why pink marble, bronze and waterfalls that look more like plumbing leaks do not equate glamour and high-style. If you go in and "fall in love with the place", by all means go downstairs and spend $12.95 on a salami and white bread sandwich with a bottle of Trump Water.

AmeriKenArtist
April 17th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Go downtown to the Corner Bistro At 4th & Jane or Katz Deli at Ludlow & Houston. You'll get to rub elbows with some real New York people while enjoying a down-to-earth, real meal.

abbygirl
April 18th, 2005, 10:31 PM
NIce to see more then one opinion that the food isn't that good at trump towers. One person usually doesn't change my mind but when more then one agree, that's nice to hear. thank you. And also I know that everybody has different opinions on foods. that's why i'm glad to read more then one persons, thank you all!

Joyce