PDA

View Full Version : Central Park Hotels

abbygirl
April 20th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I would like to know if there are links out there that have a list of hotels, of hotels that have a view of Central Park South? And possibly hotels that would be on the side by, to go to Empire state building and staten island. Thank you. You all have been such a great help to me. you are more of a blessing then you'll ever know. THank you.

Schadenfrau
April 20th, 2005, 05:37 PM
As the view from your hotel is going to be one of the least of your concerns, you might want to avoid hotels on Central Park South. They're all quite expensive. Seeing how you've expressed concern about the price of postcards, you would be better off spending your money elsewhere.

How much are you looking to spend a night?

BrooklynRider
April 22nd, 2005, 04:06 PM
You check these on-line forrates and tell us if they are in your range:

http://new.york.hotelguide.net/hl1cp.htm

Trump International Hotel

The Pierre Hotel

The Sherry Netherland Hotel

The Helmsley Park Lane Hotel

Ritz-Carlton New York

The Plaza

The Essex House (Westin)

Mandarin-Oriental Hotel

abbygirl
April 22nd, 2005, 07:15 PM
That website was exactly what I was looking for. Ya were not too picky on the price for the hotel, just other fun stuff. we definately don't want to stay in a closet, as i've read on some sites. So you know how some places go by stars, maybe a 3-4 star hotel. not trumps place would be too expensive.

Thanks all, you have been a tremendous help.

Edward
April 29th, 2005, 03:17 PM
... They're all quite expensive. Seeing how you've expressed concern about the price of postcards, you would be better off spending your money elsewhere.
An interesting aspect - comparing hotel rooms and postcards. Back of the envelope estimates show that for the price of a weekend stay at Ritz-Carlton on CPS - and that would be $1,500 at $750 per night - one can buy 15 thousand postcards; stacked, the postcards would reach a height of about 15 feet, to the ceiling of the hotel room.