PDA

View Full Version : Fondue Restaurants?

abbygirl
April 27th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Sorry to keep bombarding you all with questions, but you have been tremendously helpful. So i thought i'd stick with this site. Does NYC have any fondue restaurants? in the manhatten area? Thank you, Joyce

ryan
April 27th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I don't want to disparage WNY, but I think you might find better answers to this question on chowhound (http://www.chowhound.com/boards/manhat/manhat.html).

Schadenfrau
April 27th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Or Citysearch:

http://newyork.citysearch.com/

TLOZ Link5
April 27th, 2005, 05:29 PM
I'll bite, even though I echo Ryan and Schad's advice to do a search.

Artisanal, at Park Avenue South and 32nd Street, is a nice fromagerie/bistro with good fondue. They also have a "cheese cave," if you're interested in taking some cheese home with you. Dress code is informal, though it's recommended to be at least slightly dressy, like something you'd wear to the theater.

abbygirl
April 29th, 2005, 01:23 PM
I've tried to do searches. but i've had a heard time coming up with anything. I think i may not be putting the right words in. Thank you all with your patience with me. Have a good day.

misssalsa
April 29th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Just becarefull about trying to bring cheese into the UK as it isnt allowed!!!! No dairy meat plant or seeds are allowed to be Brought back with you!!

Dont worry too much about the whole going to NY thing as when u get there it is such a fab place that is so easy to get about, just be warned that the cabbies can be crazy drivers hehehe....

ryan
May 2nd, 2005, 05:46 PM
I've tried to do searches. but i've had a heard time coming up with anything. I think i may not be putting the right words in. Thank you all with your patience with me. Have a good day.

I search chowhound (http://www.chowhound.com/boards/manhat/manhat.html) by using the "find on this page" function or command/control F. Just search for the kind of food you want, or the neighborhood. You can also post questions anonymously, and people always answer quickly.

abbygirl
May 15th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I was wondering if local NYers have heard of these 2 places?

Fondue on 303 east 80th b/w first and second place.

OR Dips on 416 third ave?

has anyone heard of these or been to them? your reviews please?

junglizt1210
May 15th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Hi,

May I ask what are Fondue resturants? are they the name of a chain of restuarants?

Just becarefull about trying to bring cheese into the UK as it isnt allowed!!!! No dairy meat plant or seeds are allowed to be Brought back with you!!

....btw, I've taken dried fish back from NY :D it can be done, although I would recommend against it really.... (I went thru Newark and Heathrow)

pscoln1
May 24th, 2006, 01:16 AM
I'll bite, even though I echo Ryan and Schad's advice to do a search.

Artisanal, at Park Avenue South and 32nd Street, is a nice fromagerie/bistro with good fondue. They also have a "cheese cave," if you're interested in taking some cheese home with you. Dress code is informal, though it's recommended to be at least slightly dressy, like something you'd wear to the theater.

yea i loved artisanal! The food was excellent and I was comfy wearing jeans and a button down shirt. It was too crowded and very noisy but it didnt bother me. The fondue was excellent!!!!

pscoln1
May 24th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Oh I almost forgot they have an excellent assortment of wines. They are all served by the glass as well :)