PDA

View Full Version : Any germans here?

stanley
June 9th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Are there any germans?

I just can see some users with username's which sound german, but that doesnt say anything! :D

stanley
June 9th, 2005, 02:38 PM
I'm not German, but where in Germany are you? I've seen quite a few Germans on here I think, and some people from the Netherlands.I am from bavaria!! :)

NoyokA
June 9th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I have German heritage. Im exactly half german, half jewish, there's an interesting mix for ya'

stanley
June 9th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I can see so much german words/names in the usernames, maybe that are germans, but 'stern' for example could also be a german-jewish lastname! :)

stanley
June 9th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I have German heritage. Im exactly half german, half jewish, there's an interesting mix for ya'haha, i postet that before i saw your post....so as i saw the name stern i thought you're jewish, that's a german lastname which often jewish-germans have...:)

My last name is Zollner, not to often!

Schadenfrau
June 9th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I've got German and Finnish ancestry.

stanley
June 9th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I've got German and Finnish ancestry.Is schadenfrau your lastname?

Ninjahedge
June 9th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Nein.

stanley
June 9th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Nein.What do you wanna say?

Schadenfrau
June 9th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Ninjahedge ist korrekt. Jedoch ist mein letzter Name deutsch.

stanley
June 9th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Ninjahedge ist korrekt. Jedoch ist mein letzter Name deutsch.Achso, ja schadenfrau waere auch ein etwas komischer lastname! Wie ist dein last name?

----

Okay, 'schadenfrau' would be a german last name i haven ever heard....What's your lastname?

Schadenfrau
June 9th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Would you like my birth certificate and Social Security number, as well?

Sorry, but I like to keep an air of mystery. Or at least a shred of privacy.

stanley
June 9th, 2005, 03:30 PM

Sorry, but I like to keep an air of mystery. Or at least a shred of privacy.:o

Schadenfrau
June 9th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I apologize, but my last name is pretty unusual and would definitely identify me.

stanley
June 9th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I apologize, but my last name is pretty unusual and would definitely identify me.Oh okay, thats why...my name isnt identifying me here...;-)
I guess in new york would be also some ppl with that name....if you would have a name like Mayer/Meyer/Stern/Schroeder/Fischer/Schmidt it wouldnt identify you for sure! ;-)

Ninjahedge
June 9th, 2005, 05:41 PM

Sorry, but I like to keep an air of mystery. Or at least a shred of privacy.

Damit ist, was dieser Geruch ist!

stanley
June 9th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Damit ist, was dieser Geruch ist!If you post something in german, than it should be right!

it would have to be written as ''Damit ist, was dieses GerŁcht ist'' <---but that doesnt make any sence, too....

NoyokA
June 9th, 2005, 05:54 PM
haha, i postet that before i saw your post....so as i saw the name stern i thought you're jewish, that's a german lastname which often jewish-germans have...:)

My last name is Zollner, not to often!

True, although Iím not a German Jew. Stern is Jewish. I know German Jews would hold themselves superior over other European Jews, that said we all know what came about from their arrogance. I say Iím half German because my mother is all German, and I say Iím Jewish, because as a person with Jewish ancestry I do not want to associate with any particular country, since case in point, every country Jews have lived in have persecuted them. So I would say that Iím American.

Schadenfrau
June 9th, 2005, 05:55 PM
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, Stanley.

NoyokA
June 9th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Oh that happened to me once. Glass everywhere, you see there was this bunny out side and he had a carrot and I was making coleslaw. Well guess what vegetable I didnt have? Carrots. I picked up a rock ( I dont know how it got inside) and threw it. Stupid, but not the dumbest thing i've ever done. ...Я только говорю по-английски.

Law and Order:

Sometimes your posts are very insightful, at others, Im not sure if I have any idea what you're talking about.

czsz
June 9th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Ich bin ein bisschen deutsch. Ihre Staedte sind ziemlich klein und mir ein bisschen zu in Ordnung. Erzaehlen sie ihrem Land, dass es nicht unmoeglich ist, die Strasse ueberzuqueren, wenn die Ampel rot waere!

stanley
June 10th, 2005, 07:25 AM
True, although Iím not a German Jew. Stern is Jewish. I know German Jews would hold themselves superior over other European Jews, that said we all know what came about from their arrogance. I say Iím half German because my mother is all German, and I say Iím Jewish, because as a person with Jewish ancestry I do not want to associate with any particular country, since case in point, every country Jews have lived in have persecuted them. So I would say that Iím American.

But stern is also german, i know german ppl who have that lastname, but who arent jewish!!

Stern means 'star' in english!!

stanley
June 10th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Ich bin ein bisschen deutsch. Ihre Staedte sind ziemlich klein und mir ein bisschen zu in Ordnung. Erzaehlen sie ihrem Land, dass es nicht unmoeglich ist, die Strasse ueberzuqueren, wenn die Ampel rot waere!Of course it's possible to go over the street here!! :p
Why not? I dont think it's dangerous!!

Ninjahedge
June 10th, 2005, 09:00 AM
If you post something in german, than it should be right!

it would have to be written as ''Damit ist, was dieses GerŁcht ist'' <---but that doesnt make any sence, too....

Blame Google mein freund. (And Babelfish, and quite a few others....)

And that might not make any sense either. ;)

stanley
June 10th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Blame Google mein freund. (And Babelfish, and quite a few others....)

And that might not make any sense either. ;)

Blame Googe mein freund, is okay, but blame is not a german word...:D

Ninjahedge
June 10th, 2005, 09:36 AM
What's wrong with Deuglish?

stanley
June 10th, 2005, 12:24 PM
What's wrong with Deuglish?Denglish you wanna say....i like it...:p

czsz
June 14th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Of course it's possible to go over the street here!!
Why not? I dont think it's dangerous!!

At least in Berlin, I've witnessed most people waiting for the walk signal at 2am with no traffic in sight, and have been scolded by many an old lady for jaywalking.

Not to mention the police stakeout near my old apartment in Alt-Mariendorf in southern Berlin, set up to catch nefarious bicyclists who dared not sport regulation tires!

Alles in Deutschland muss in Ordnung sein, nicht wahr?

stanley
June 18th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Alles in Deutschland muss in Ordnung sein, nicht wahr?I dont like germany. I would better like to live in the US ! :o