PDA

View Full Version : West 46th

Michi
June 21st, 2005, 01:09 PM
Hello:
Finally I could rent an apartment in manhattan (we're 5 friends, and the big apts are really expensive for us) so... it's on 9 west 46th Street, between 5th and 6th avenune.
What can you tell me about this street? I heard it's called Little Brazil but I couldnt find a lot of information about how and what's on this street.
Do you have any pic of this street? and in concret of my future bulding? hehe.
Thanks for all.
Bye

Michi
June 21st, 2005, 01:55 PM
I think the place is really good... but we'll pay a lot of money for only 5 weeks..
and the apt is a bit small for 5 persons..
what can you tell me about this street?

czsz
June 21st, 2005, 02:09 PM
I find it rather dirty and claustrophobic...without the necessary tradeoffs which often make such places worthwhile. It's nicknamed "Little Brazil" due to its proximity to about three Brazilian restaurants. Despite the location near various popular tourist attractions Midtown is far from the most interesting or exciting part of the city. Since you'll be taking the subway often to do anything that doesn't involve the theatre, shopping, or gawking at skyscraper canyons anyway, you might be better off somewhere with cheaper rent and larger living spaces

lofter1
June 21st, 2005, 02:20 PM
Per 9 W. 46th St.:

Generally that area is a commercial area, just a block from Rockefeller Center. It's great central location and very close to subway lines, Times Square & MoMA.

Other Information:

Department of Buildings (DOB) records show that it is a 5 story building listed as "Residential Apartment House" with "6 dwelling units" . Records also show an application from 2004 for the installation of a new boiler / heating system.

Owner:CORPORATION

MOY SUNG-YUNG PRESIDENT HONG WON EXPRESS INC.

9 WEST 46TH ST 718 256 - 5146

NY NY 10036

CORPORATION: KWAN J.K. V.P. 9 WEST 46TH ST NY NY 10036 718 256 - 5146

A restaurant occupies the 1st Floor & Cellar (I found 2 restaurants listed):

New Chuan Garden Tel: 212.921.2323
cuisine: Chinese, Asian, Noodle Shop
9 West 46th Street (bet. 5th & 6th Ave.)
New York NY 10036-4115
Hours of Operation: Mon thru Fri 9:30 AM to 9:30 PM. Sat & Sun 11 AM to 9:30 PM.

BRASIL WAY
9 WEST 46TH ST.
NEW YORK, NY
Phone: (212) 869-9402

It seems the 2nd floor is occupied by a salon:

HISAKO SALON

Phone: (212) 764-7640 Location: 9 West 46th
New York, NY 10036
United States

Michi
June 21st, 2005, 03:14 PM
To czsz: I dont than there're a lot of better places like east village soho etc... but we are just tourist (well.. .we have to go to class ecery day.. but the main reason is visit the city) and I think than for us it's in a very good place. There're a lot of good (tourist) places really near and that's good...
About take the subway.. .wherever you stay.. you'll take it for sure hehe.
And we couldnt get anything cheaper... just a residence and they was like .. you're gonna be a lot of time... and you're a lot (we're 5 friends) ... we dont want you stay here hehe.. it's incedible... ppl in new york who doesnt want to earn money with tourist hehe. And rent an apt only for 5 weeks (with the agency commission) it's really expensive.

To lofter1: Thanks for all this information. Our flat is on the 3th floor... Im so sad cause it's full of skryscrapers and im gonna stay in a 3th floor :(
One question... in what skycrapsers can I ho up? to the top I mean.
I know the EBS and the resturant The View in times square, but i dunno more..
Other questions, in what skyscrapers I cant miss go inside? like Sony one to visit its shop
Thanks for all the help.

NY_Yankees_1979
June 24th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I would kill to live in that area..real close to Times Square..Central Park..Rockefeller Center..about 12 blocks from the Empire State Building.