PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable Midtown Hotels?

CMANDALA
June 21st, 2005, 05:13 PM
Manhattan hotel

pianoman11686
June 21st, 2005, 06:37 PM
Don't count on finding anything less than 150 in most of Manhattan, let alone Midtown, which has the highest prices. If money is a big issue and you would want to stay in something a little better than dark smelly closet, I would recommend some of the hotels across the river in Jersey City or near the Meadowlands, which by train or bus are only a few minutes away from Manhattan. Also, check out the Hotel Pennsylvania. Not exactly in the middle of Midtown but close enough, and usually thought of as the best bargain in town. I'm not sure of how high (or low) their prices are right now.

ablarc
June 21st, 2005, 07:42 PM
http://www.beaconhotel.com/

Better than Midtown, because it's in a real New York neighborhood that will remind you of Paris. Great location, two blocks from 72nd Street subway station (one express stop to Times Square), great Fairway supermarket across street, kitchenette in every room, nice lobby, pleasant and accommodating staff. Reasonably priced for what you get. Recommend wholeheartedly. For a real treat, ask for Room 2512 or any room on a high floor, though the views out the windows are pretty good on lower floors too, if they face Broadway.

NewYorkYankee
June 22nd, 2005, 07:49 PM
Ive stayed there. It is a nice hotel, right on Broadway. Plenty of places to eat over on Amsterdam and Columbus. I rec. Josies, its on Amsterdam and 72nd St. It is great! There is a Starbucks next door and Fairway is across the street. Our room was on the 9th floor facing Broadway. One of the best times was sitting in the window watching the city move.