PDA

View Full Version : Question about E. Williamsburg.

Time
June 26th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I've been seeing some very reasonable places there and i've been interested in checking them out. I just was wondering if anyone here knew if the area was nice. I heard that it's just a new name for Bushwick (an area I don't favor). I haven't been in the city in a while, so i'm not used to what the current life like is in that part of Brooklyn. Your help will be much appreciated.

Time
June 26th, 2005, 08:42 PM
thomasjfletcher is a regular member on this forum and he lives there. So im sure he could help you.Cool, are most of the people here Real Estate Agents? I'm a Real Estate Agent in MA and I would have to start up again in NYC if I moved there. I saw TONS of Job Postings for Real Estate Agents. How many hours do you think i'd have to work for a year to really get consistant and comfortable working Real Estate in NY?

ryan
June 27th, 2005, 12:25 AM
I think there are only a few real estate agents on the board. I would venture a guess that any real estate listing you see for "East Williamsburg" - especially with a reasonable price - would be what you consider Bushwick. I wouldn't want to touch off an argument of specific boundaries (the area is changing rapidly anyhow) but in general, the better parts of east williamsburg are along the L train out to the Grand stop (the Graham stop is the nicest of the three). I know people who happily live past there, and along the J,M,Z line, in areas that are pretty much ungentrified (that's good or bad depending on one's point of view, and I'm guessing that it would be bad from yours).

You should probably visit the area to get your bearings before you look at any more listings - they often look too good to be true when you're not familiar with the neighborhood. I believe there are better values to be had in other areas - the williamsburg halo raises prices in bushwick quite a bit.

loftsbrooklyn
January 28th, 2008, 10:53 PM
north greenpoint is nice and close to the same money as e brooklyn.
ridgewood also.