PDA

View Full Version : where can i buy tv-b-gone?

uglyb0b
June 27th, 2005, 05:18 PM
i listen to the radio shows put on by 2600. in a recent episode they were talking about a small device called TV-B-Gone that will turn off TVs. i live in a crappy town where i cant buy stuff like that. target.com has them, but in the radio show they talked about a lot of people in NY having them. anyone have any good recommendations on where i could pick up something like that? or, any cool electronic stores that have little cool gadgets and such? thanks.

lofter1
June 27th, 2005, 08:11 PM
You might try J & R Music World in NYC:

http://www.jr.com/

For those of you who've never seen it is one of NYC's great commercial venues.

ZippyTheChimp
June 30th, 2005, 09:59 PM
If I bought one of these things, the very first thing I would do is change my name to ZippyTheAsshole.

BrooklynRider
June 30th, 2005, 10:06 PM
If I bought one of these things, the very first thing I would do is change my name to ZippyTheAsshole.

Hmmm...Picture THAT avatar.

Chr
May 29th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Hmmm...Picture THAT avatar.

goatse.cx? :p

Ninjahedge
May 30th, 2006, 08:51 AM
It is a very inconsiderate device.

I can see sometimes where you wuold not want to have to watch advertisements being looped ad nauseam as they do on those sets you get in BJ's and such, but going into a bar or gym and flicking off the TV that someone else may be watching is very rude and inconsiderate.

Be careful what you do with that thing and wear, or it might not be the only thing hanging from your keychain at the end of the night.