PDA

View Full Version : Going Out In NYC

YouCantSeeMe
July 5th, 2005, 01:58 PM
With my trip only 5 weeks away i was wondering where there are some good pubs/clubs to go to,i am travelling myself so i was lookin for somewhere i can enjoy a pint,some good music and just get to meet people from the city.
I will be staying on 7th Avenue at 55th Street,
Any info will be greatly appreciated,thanks guys.

drlikuid1444
July 11th, 2005, 02:44 PM
There some great bar/restaurants at union square. The Brewery Cofee Shopp, and The republic are all next to eachother which are good

Ninjahedge
July 11th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Pint:

Go to newyork.citysearch.com for the info, but....

-The Ear Inn, great basic grub, very comfy OLD bar.
-The Blind Tiger, special beers on an almost weekly rotation.
-Heartland Brewery (the food is so-so though), great oatmeal stout.

Places I have been to that I have also liked:
-2A's, I believe that is what it is called. Comfy lounge, 2 floors, good small tap selection.
-Acme's. The ONLY place I have EVER seen Monster Ale on tap. I don't know if they still have it..... Decent food there too (Po-Boys et all...).
-The Comedy Cellar. They have special midweek admission policies. Do a google to see if you can find free admission. Also, the "drink minimum" is very workable. A large pitcher of decent, and decently priced beer is "4" drinks, so there is your, and your dats's 4 drink minimum.
-Kettle O' Fish, very comfy bar. Kind of like the family rec room.

Now, if you want Blues/Jazz there are:

-Terra Blues on Bleeker Street. OK beer, pretty good jazz, cover charge
-The Blue Note. More expensive cover depending on who is playing. I have not been inside.
-Arthurs Tavern, a decent overcrowded live blues/jaz bar. No cover, but you have to keep drinking...
-The Village Vanguard. See who is playing. $$!! Cover AND drink minimum.
-Smalls, an aptly named little hole in the wall. BYOB, $10 cover for all night. Close enough to be sweat on by the pianist.....
-Back Fence, good blues/rock, but I have not made it in yet (I am a walk-by-er)

And there has to be dozens of other places. If I were you, I would simply find an area and walk around a bit yourself one day.

there is great indian food on the east side, korean alley right up at midtown 32nd street I believe, and chinese in, you guessed it, Chinatown (I recommend NyoNya).

GL!