PDA

View Full Version : Harlem

expose05
July 5th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Hey, I visiting nyc next week and I would like to know if Harlem is a horrible place or a nice booming bustling place to live. Thanks. :)

drlikuid1444
July 6th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Harlem is not bad, its probobly one of the places that is developing the fastest in all of New York. It makes sense, because after all it is in the Island of Manhatten. However there are some dangerous parts (only at night) that you should probobly stay away from. But anywehere close to Columbia is nice. Usually anything below 125th on the East side is not bad at all and 145th on the West side. Stay away from Washington Heights, its known to be a little dangerous at night. Your best bet's as i said Apartments near Columbia.

billyblancoNYC
July 7th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Hey, I visiting nyc next week and I would like to know if Harlem is a horrible place or a nice booming bustling place to live. Thanks. :)

It's getting better and better. In 2004, more condos were built there than anywhere else in Manhattan. 125th street is booming with new stores, hotels, etc. Even East Harlem, which was a laggard, is beginning to really improve.

Now, it's not SoHo, but it's infinitely better than it was even 5 yrs ago. Beautiful buildings when they are fixed up, too. Very hot area.

HarlemRep
July 11th, 2005, 01:38 AM
<--- send me a private message, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.