PDA

View Full Version : I want my money's worth.

Gab
July 14th, 2005, 04:25 PM
What store do you suggest me to get my money's worth in New York city?

Schadenfrau
July 14th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Your money's worth of what?

Jasonik
July 14th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Gray's Papaya
http://www.badzelda.com/photos/newyork/images/recession_special.jpg

RandySavage
July 14th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Grays looks like they've upped their prices...

Instead of a hotel, you could spend the night on a bench or in a tree in Central Park. It's quite nice in the summer time. I've done it a few times.

Barrow Street Ale House in the Village has a $15 - all 20 taps beer special on Thursday nights starting at 6pm.

Gab
July 14th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Your money's worth of what?
I want to go to a store to make sure if there's no rip-off.

Schadenfrau
July 14th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Do you hope this store sells anything in particular, Gab?

Gab
July 14th, 2005, 05:07 PM
I will come back in New York city for christmas to visit somebody that I met in the Washington Square park. I would like to buy t-shirt, books, CD etc. I know I will finally be able to cross the border. When I went to New York on june I finally passed the border and the custom officer was the same guy who kicked me out from the U.S. custom on febuary.

Gab
July 14th, 2005, 05:19 PM
When I'll take the bus to come to New York city from Montréal, I think I will get my money's worth with Greyhound.

BrooklynRider
July 15th, 2005, 10:44 AM
I will come back in New York city for christmas to visit somebody that I met in the Washington Square park. I would like to buy t-shirt, books, CD etc. I know I will finally be able to cross the border. When I went to New York on june I finally passed the border and the custom officer was the same guy who kicked me out from the U.S. custom on febuary.

Gab, I mean this in the kindest possible way, but:

When I read your posts I hear them in my head in Celine Dion's voice. Any other poster's have that experience.

Anyway, it's hard to tell you whether you will get ripped off. The city itself is not a "rip-off" per se (although got a DKNY button down shirt in Saks that was marked down from $399 to $36 - I'm guessing the $399 was a rip off).

New York is just a very expensive city.

ZippyTheChimp
July 15th, 2005, 11:03 AM
I had a Celine Dion filter installed in my frontal lobe several years ago.

So Gab, you want to take the bus from Montreal to New York for a Gray's Papaya?

Sounds like a plan. Go for it.

Gab
July 15th, 2005, 01:45 PM
For me Céline Dion is shitty singer, I prefer to hear Plume Latraverse, Marie-Chantal Toupin or Flokons givrés instead of her. She's may be from Quebec but for me she's the worst singer I hear on radio station, when I hear her I change station or I turn it off.

When I'll be in Manhattan, I'll go to the apple computer store to get free internet access. I hope to meet some of you.

Jasonik
July 15th, 2005, 02:12 PM
http://www.newyorkmetro.com/urban/guides/nyonthecheap/

Gab
July 15th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Last time I went to New York I slept in my friend's jeep because I didn't wanna sleep in the ashram on Schermerhorn street with several people on the floor. I was unable to sleep because the driver bothered me all the time.

Schadenfrau
July 15th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Wow, you really do go to great lengths to get that darn money's worth, Gab.