PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy downtown Miami

londonlawyer
July 15th, 2005, 01:56 PM
I was in Miami for work on July 13th and noted how quiet and sleepy downtown is! I love Miami, and it's one of the few cities in the US in which I would live. Nonetheless, it's amazing how dead it is! Hopefully that will change with the addition of so many new towers. Nevertheless, downtown Miami needs a lot of retail (stores, cinemas, restaurants, etc.) to make it more lively. It's strange that South Beach is so vibrant and yet downtown is so dead!

Gregory Tenenbaum
September 26th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Did you see the wonderful Miami Dade Courthouse downtown? It has ravens or such circling above it. I think the top levels are the lockup.

I think there's a lot downtown, it's interesting in a not so polished way. In some respects it's more interesting than in SoBo.

There's a starbucks across the street where you can watch it all unfold. I met a young lawyer there named Yulema - nice gal.

The good thing about practising law in Miami would be you get to wear nice light colored fabric suits - a real break from the french navy and dark colors that seem to prevail year after year in NYC.

The lighter colors suit me better that's all.

Where did you get to in South Beach? I usually hang out at the SUSHI SAMBA.

MidtownGuy
March 20th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Downtown Miami has undergone big changes in the last 5 or 6 years. I just got back from there.
It's no longer dead...there are restaurants, nightclubs, all sorts of stuff happening downtown. The free Metromover monorail is great.