PDA

View Full Version : Milford Plaza Hotel stole us on our face

tkd1982
July 21st, 2005, 04:15 PM
Mildford Plaza Hotel is a very old hotel where youŽll find very ancient and slow elevators. At the entrance they ask for your credit card, even when you have all the carges payed. So take care and do not give any credit card cause at the end of the stay they can give you a terrible surprise. After giving our credit card number, at the end of the week, when we where leaving, we went to the reception area to ask for the page where sight at our entrance to give us back the permission to make carges on our credit card just in the case that we could make any consumition in the hotel. The truth is that we did not make any consumition but they told us that the tv sistem had registered a video view on our room. Althought we made a report to show our reclamation they didnŽt anything, even we went to a police station to make a report of the situation just to let them know about it, but the police told us it was not a criminal case and the best thinh was to talk with our bank and the credit card enterprise. Realy incredible!!! They stole our money on our face and it is not a criminal case!!!
I just have learned one thing: I will never give again my credit card number for the "just in case" of the hotels.

BrooklynRider
July 25th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Report it to the NYC City Visitors and Convention Bureau. Report it to the New York State Attorney General. Report it to the Better Business Bureau. Report it to the Department of Consumer Affairs. You will get you money back.

kliq6
July 25th, 2005, 12:24 PM
That Hotel along with the Hotel Penn should be knocked down and redeveloped, there both a waste of time.

ZippyTheChimp
July 25th, 2005, 12:58 PM
You should have contacted the credit card company, and requested a stop payment until the matter was resolved.

nyradioguy
December 5th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I hear the Milford Plaza is going to shut down completely before Xmas '09... for a 2 year remodel. Anyone know about this? Anyone know the plans?

lofter1
December 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Milford Plaza Renovations (http://www.milfordplaza.com/node/40)

Milford Plaza Hotel Scheduled To Begin Renovations

On December 12th, 2009 the Milford Plaza Hotel is scheduled to temporarily close in order to complete a major renovation. We will reopen in 18-to-21 months, in mid-to-late 2011.

Although we have completed some initial upgrades while still operating the hotel (including the installation of new windows and modernizing the elevators), we believe the best way to accomplish the complete project with the least disruptions to our valued guests is to close temporarily. We have hired an award-winning architectural and interior design firm, TPG Architecture (http://www.tpgarchitecture.com/), and are excited to unveil the new and improved Milford Plaza to you in 2011. It will be the best of both worlds - same great Times Square location with a modern hotel that our guests deserve.

While we wish we could provide an exact 2011 reopening date, with a renovation project as large as this one, it is difficult to predict until the work is further along. We will post renovation updates here, including images of the new guestrooms and public spaces. Please check back for progress reports or, using the Newsletter sign-up form located on the left side of our home page, receive Milford Plaza renovation updates via email.

We look forward to seeing you at the new Milford Plaza.

MidtownGuy
December 6th, 2009, 08:11 PM
^Glad she's being renovated

but the police told us it was not a criminal case and the best thinh was to talk with our bank and the credit card enterprise. Realy incredible!!!This happened to me in Brazil. It was frustrating, I know. Talk to your credit card provider, they will probably fix the situation for you. Sorry that you had a bad experience.