PDA

View Full Version : Max 10 pics?

sfenn1117
July 22nd, 2005, 11:21 AM
In my rundown thread I'm trying to post more renderings but it says I've reached my max for the post. I've used tinypic.com to host the pics so the extension I get when I add them to the post is [img] something to that sort.

Most of my files are much bigger than 150 kb so I can't host them via the site b/c I don't have a program to resize pics.

I'm out of ideas. Anyone?

sfenn1117
July 22nd, 2005, 11:53 AM
It'll be all out of order then b/c there's already new posts under the original one. I was hoping to have all projects on the first post and edit the first post as time went on.

ZippyTheChimp
July 22nd, 2005, 03:08 PM
The 10 image file limit per post is only for images that are hosted by Wired NY. There are photo threads with dozens of images, hosted at other sites.

Maybe there is an edit limit per post.

sfenn1117
July 22nd, 2005, 03:55 PM
like I said I hosted the pics at tinypic.com

So I dunno what to do. I can't post all the renderings.

Jasonik
July 22nd, 2005, 07:29 PM
Ablarc seems to have no problem.

Edward
July 25th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Currently, there is a limit of 10 images per post, regardless of where the images are hosted. The purpose of this limit is to avoid having threads with 50 large images in one post with the result that it takes several minutes to download for people with broadband connections and probably forever for users with dialup connections.

I have established this limit not too long ago, so some existing threads might have more pictures than this limit - it applies only to new threads.

ryan
July 25th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Good rule - super long posts are frustrating to wait for, and without thumbnails, difficult to navigate. I link to flickr would probably be a better way to share a huge photo series.