PDA

View Full Version : what makes me too touristy?

geektourist
July 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM
I like this for back home but would it make my group look stupid wearing them in ny? http://www.cafepress.com/nyc247

LOL. I think I already know the answers :o

Schadenfrau
July 28th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I really don't understand why groups of tourists feel the need to all wear the same shirt.

NYatKNIGHT
July 28th, 2005, 01:17 PM
To make it easier to stay together.....and completely block the sidewalks.

ryan
July 28th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Targeting? More interesting to me is why people wear "I love NY" t-shirts around NYC... and that it's cheaper to by "I love NY" t-shirts than plain white ones...

Eugenius
July 28th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Targeting? More interesting to me is why people wear "I love NY" t-shirts around NYC... and that it's cheaper to by "I love NY" t-shirts than plain white ones...
That last question is pretty clear to me. When you buy a plain white t-shirt, you check what it's made of and whether it would be comfortable. People who buy the I-heart-NYC shirts don't care about the abhorrent quality of the material and only look at the design and the price tag.

ryan
July 28th, 2005, 04:02 PM
yeah, but I've never seen a crappy plain t-shirt for 75 cents... must be supply and demand.

Alonzo-ny
July 28th, 2005, 05:48 PM
It also helps make the gift shop in the statue of liberty a hell hole to work as everyone needs to stand all around one particular item forever

billyblancoNYC
July 29th, 2005, 11:07 AM
I like this for back home but would it make my group look stupid wearing them in ny? http://www.cafepress.com/nyc247

LOL. I think I already know the answers :o

While if all of you wear the same shirt, you obviouslty will look touristy, wearing NYC shirts in NYC does not make you a tourist. I always say that NYC seems to be one of the few places where residents actually wear shirts with their citys name on it.

Regardless, who cares? Wear the shirts if it makes it easier to keep track. Perhaps you could switch to hats to make it a bit less obvious if that would be better for you.

JeffreyNYC
July 29th, 2005, 11:21 AM
I really don't understand why groups of tourists feel the need to all wear the same shirt.

I don't understand the need to wear t-shirts at all unless you're going to the beach. Obviously those who do don't really care what they look like.
I can't imagine what an idiot I'd feel like walking down the street wearing a t-shirt that says NYC. 24/7 especially if another 50 people had it on right next to me.
Actually come to think of it I'd never be walking down the street in a group of 50.
Hey, why don't you try something a bit more New York and wear black t-shirts.....?