PDA

View Full Version : Luggage storage in New York

mrneilholt
August 1st, 2005, 08:44 PM
Hi,
I hope someone can help me I'm travelling to New York in a few weeks and need to store some luggage for a few hours. Would really be useful if anyone knows of a place. (hotel, train station etc)

stache
August 2nd, 2005, 03:04 PM
This is a tough one. Can you check your bags early at your next travelpoint? Airport, train etc.?

Schadenfrau
August 2nd, 2005, 03:23 PM
There are storage lockers in Grand Central.

ryan
August 2nd, 2005, 03:29 PM
There are storage lockers in Grand Central.

whereabouts?

Schadenfrau
August 2nd, 2005, 03:37 PM
From what I recall, they're on the lower level on the far east side, past the bathrooms. I can't find a link mentioning them, but there's a very small icon on the current map of GCT that pictures a suitcase.

BrooklynRider
August 2nd, 2005, 03:50 PM
MrNeilHolt:

Do you hereby attest to the fact that you are not and will not be a terrorist or place anything but luggage containing lugs in aforementioned lockers?

ablarc
August 3rd, 2005, 09:09 AM
If that Grand Central baggage check actually exists, I sure hope they search each piece of luggage before they accept it.

liz-cabana
January 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM
Hey all,

I had the same question and just want to share a very useful info I found on another forum. :)

If you need to store your luggage for a day, there's a store called Rent-A-Locker ( 212-947-0026 ), and here are the updated/exact information of the place.

- $5/bag/day :p
- Located on 35th & Broadway, nearest subway station would be Penn Station via Line 1/2/3 (the red line), it is the station right below Time Sq on the subway map.

I called them up and apparently, they locate right behind Macy's. You can also check with Macy's Coat Check, apparently they may store luggages to! :D

I think I will try my luck @ Macy's first and if not, go for the locker rental!!

best of luck to everyone!