PDA

View Full Version : Back From New York

abbygirl
August 5th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Hi, This is Joyce in Oregon,
I just got back from New York I was in Time Square/ Manhatten July 31, through Wednesday August 3, 2005. I went to see the following.........

Sunday PM ARrived: 7:30pm Stayed at The Edison Hotel, Just walked around WOW were we in culture shock but it ended up geting use to ALL the beautiful tall buildings and crowds of people. I am no longer a shy person of large groups of people. I thought I would be shy but No big deal!!!
- Went into the Toys R US store, and just walked around for about an hour. Saw those Circle bycycles. I wanted to get a picture of them but. Not sure what they are called but would like to know!

Day 1 (Monday Aug. 1st, 2005)

Starbucks (breakfast)
Statue of Liberty
Ellis Island (Lunch Here)
Empire State building

Day 2 (Tuesday Aug. 2nd, 2005)
Breakfast @ Celebrity's in the Marriott hotel 1st floor, I had to use their restroom and they led me to their hotel 1st floor restroom. Before being able to look on the floor I slipped and fell and hurt myself. THANKFULLY. i was able to get up and walk and did NOT even break any bones or anything cause I fell down hard. Yes I did send a complaint about messy restrooms to the Marriott website. Otherwise the celebrity's Restaurant was delicious food.

Metropolytin Mus. Of Art (Lunch Here)
FAO Schwarts (basically cause of the movie BIG)
Bike Buggy (not the horses) Thru part of Central park
Time Square HERSHEY's
Slice of NY Pizza (Dinner) & Had their Edny's Ice Cream (not that great) for dessert.
Wednesday: Flew back home thru texas.

Just wanted to share my experience. All I can say is what a change from living in Oregon all my life. Nothing is the same between those two states.

Edward
August 5th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Joyce, what did you like the most about New York City?

abbygirl
August 5th, 2005, 09:02 PM
WoW What a hard question to narrow down to ONE thing.
I loved the tall buildings & Seeing the views from the top of the ESB.

Other things Liked

Top Thinged like: Double Decker Buses
The Food
The Good Maps were easy to follow! (I say this cause when we were in syracuse there maps were not easy to follow)
I liked how it was easy to maneuver thru the crowds.
Many available places to eat.
So here are my top 5, I am so glad I went. Thanks for asking.
JOYCE in Oregon

TLOZ Link5
August 6th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Glad you had a good time :D