PDA

View Full Version : Notebook Recommendations?

Ninjahedge
August 8th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Notebook Recommendations:

Hey guys, what is your advice on this.

GF wants a notebook. She wants one B4 we go on vacation, but the main reason she wants one is to be able to surf on the net while watching TV (yipee...)

Anyway, there is a reasonable limit to the price here. I do not think it should be more than about $1100, but there has to be some nice features at that price (although not stellar, I know that you pay a premium for those).

She is probably not going to be running many applications, so the things that would be desired would be:

DVD player. (Probably for vacation)
Video/Audio out (for TV and system. SVID would probably be desired, but could probably wait until we decide on a flatscreen... A side recommendation of a processor might be needed if all it has is DVI out)
Decent size screen with good resolution. (no Commidore here)
Ligher weight (we are not looking for a performer, or a bookend...)
Wireless G.

We are more familiar with PC, and all the machines are PC, but if Apple is a better choice for what we are looking at, it would be welcomed as well (shudder).

TIA!

stache
August 8th, 2005, 03:09 PM
That price sounds a little low for all the features you want.

Ninjahedge
August 8th, 2005, 04:06 PM
The 700m was on sale for $750 a few weeks ago with all those features.

I missed it, but I am looking for recommendations on all fronts. I am not looking for a mega-machine, and I know that some of the things that cost the most are things like processor and memory.

So, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I know that retail pricing will not get me what I am looking for. But who pays MSRP on electronic nowadays?

stache
August 8th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Try Toshiba.

dcdomain
August 14th, 2005, 07:41 AM
That $750 off $1500 Dell sale always comes around every so often. Check www.gotapex.com and keep your eyes peeled for it.