PDA

View Full Version : All Thunder

BrooklynRider
August 14th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Ok - I just got back from a weekend on L.I. at the beach, where the weather was 20 degrees cooler than Brooklyn right now and there was a great breeze blowing - constantly. (That would be in Long Beach).

I am sitting here in my sauna-like apartment waiting for my two ACs to cool the place down. Outside, there are thunderclaps that sound eerily like Iraq, when Georgw W. is faithfully being the lap dog to Dick Cheney. "Shock and awe!"

Yet, there is not cooling rain - or lightning that I can see. I've carried an umbrella with me since June 1st, because I was expecting "passing thunderstorms" and "a chance of showers", oh, pretty much EVERYDAY based on forecasts. If it is possible, I believe I am angry, bordering on raging, at the weather.

Meteorologist posters - what's the deal?

lofter1
August 14th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Meteorologist posters - what's the deal?
As my friends in Italy tell me, it's the government's fault. Everything is the government's fault. Including the periodic eruption of Mt. Etna. They seem to find great humor, satisfaction and relief in knowing that the government lies at the root of everything bad.

BrooklynRider
August 14th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Suddenly, it is all making sense....

krulltime
August 14th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Oh it has been raining where I live for a while and thunder is VERY common aswell... (My dog is under the bed) Oh I whish it will end already! It has been so long! Oh the agony...

BrooklynRider
August 14th, 2005, 09:28 PM
9:28PM and still thunder and no rain in Park Slope....

...and the weather reports are telling me to BRING MY UMBRELLA TOMORROW because of A CHANCE OF SHOWERS!

NoyokA
August 14th, 2005, 11:33 PM
9:28PM and still thunder and no rain in Park Slope....

...and the weather reports are telling me to BRING MY UMBRELLA TOMORROW because of A CHANCE OF SHOWERS!

Do a rain dance.

Gulcrapek
August 15th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Would it be odd if I told you I heard possibly three thunderclaps early in the evening and nothing else?

stache
August 15th, 2005, 02:15 AM
I'm so glad we got this rain. All the grass died back in C. Park in the last two weeks.

krulltime
August 15th, 2005, 05:32 PM
^ I also had enough of that old dog-piss-smell on the sidewalks! Now it all smells fresh... Oh and the weather today is really cool! :)

Ninjahedge
August 15th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Try driving back along routr 95 from Middletown Ct, then swapping to the Merrit because of traffic.

Then get to Hoboken only to find manholes by the Lincoln Tunnel bust turnaround/entrance being popped off from the storm drain geysers (it is a drain focal point).

It was WET last night! And OH what a drive it was!

TLOZ Link5
August 16th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I, too, was in Long Island for the weekend. I got on the train on Sunday just as it started to rain, and it was still raining when I got to Penn Station. I know this because it was raining on the downtown platform of the Eighth Avenue IND station, thanks to a leak that was not patched up during the subway station's recent facelift.