PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Advice?

ryan
August 25th, 2005, 05:57 PM
I'm flying through Dublin in November, but I'm planning to rent a car and spend most of my time in the country. Any advice? Must see?

Thanks.

joe_ireland
September 19th, 2005, 07:52 PM
hi Ryan,

All depends how long your staying so how far your willing to travel. Don't forget to drive on the wrong side of the road you would be suprised how many near misses there are.

If your not traveling too far then glendalough(round tower) and powerscourt house in county Wicklow are worth a visit, both are close to each other.
In county Meath you can see newgrange which is an ancient buriel site for the high kings and although it doesn't have a real wow factor it's pretty impressive engineering considering it was built before the pyramids.

Also the Japanese gardens and national stud are good too in county Kildare.
All are about an hour or so from Dublin. The city itself is buzzing at the moment so you might want to spend a bit of time there too.
If you need any more info just ask

Patrick Pearse
June 13th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Go to Limerick it's a got a lot of cultural stuff.

the kid from bergen
June 15th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Just remember when driving the driver is always in the middle of the road, if you see bushes by your window you are wrong.
Do the Ring Of Kerry, and get to Dingle, then all of Galway and Mayo, the beaches in Donegal, Leitrim and Cavan, cross into the North just to see how it is.