PDA

View Full Version : Starrett City/Spring Creek Towers

NYCorBust
August 31st, 2005, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone. I am planning on moving to the NYC area sometime in the coming spring. I would be sharing an apartment with my cousion who is also going to move down around that time. While I know that I have lots of time I am looking around for a good apartment. I came across Starrett City/Spring Creek Towers. It sounds like exactly what we need: affordable in a nice area. I have done some homework on it and am hopeing someone here can give me some more info on the place. Is it in good repair? How long does it take to get into the city? How large are the room typically (on one of the sites the floor dimensians are too small to see)? Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

NoyokA
August 31st, 2005, 04:47 PM
Is this the housing development across the street from the landfill re-use project?

NYCorBust
August 31st, 2005, 05:32 PM
Thats the one.

Gulcrapek
August 31st, 2005, 06:35 PM
From what I've heard it's like a mini-town, with stuff like its own "peace officers" and schools. I think the rooms are decent sized, and a lot of the buildings have bay views.
You might want to consider the adjacent neighborhood in your search though - East New York isn't such a great place.