PDA

View Full Version : Vermont

Law & Order
September 1st, 2005, 09:30 PM
/

Gab
September 3rd, 2005, 12:01 PM
Vermont is closed to Quebec. I passed one time in a small custom in the nice countryside road to get to Vermont state.

Gab
September 3rd, 2005, 05:07 PM
There is nearly 0 security on the border. Its sad. Yes there is security on the border, there is more security as it used to be.

sfenn1117
September 3rd, 2005, 05:57 PM
I've been told there are backroads that go into Vermont without checkpoints. Makes me feel uneasy. I suppose it's next to impossible to cover every single inch of the border.

I'm home this weekend but in time I'll post pics of the northeast kingdom of Vermont.....where I'm at school......the leaves are changing already!

Gab
September 4th, 2005, 04:00 PM
There's some countryside road without checkpoint but where there is no checkpoint, there is the border patrol. I don't remember his name, there was a guy who crossed the border to get cheap gas but the border patrol officers told him 3 times not to cross the border again, at the third time that guy was arrested and he claimed that he didn't speak English at all. The story was in the Maine state,close to Quebec, I'm little bit disappointed because I forgot his name. That guy was finally release because he had a good lawyer but he won't come back to United States. That guy was arrested because, first of all, he has a criminal record, second of all, he had a hunting gun in his truck and third of all, the border patrol officer told him 3 times not to cross the border again.

sfenn1117
September 4th, 2005, 11:52 PM
I can't wait til it starts snowing and I can go skiing. My best friend goes to McGill and she and I are going to hop across the border (both ways) and go skiing. The biggest aspect of the school that drew me in was the skiing.

sfenn1117
September 5th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Well when it snows in the city it's just magical. Seriously there's just something about it. Then it turns brown and disgusting you just want it gone.

At least here for the most part it'll stay nice. It is in NO way urban. I'm inthe middle of the woods, atop a hill with a tiny town in the valley. The ultimate antithesis of NYC. I'm enjoying myself up here for now, mainly because I've met some cool friends already. But I love snow, I get so mad and sad when the suburbs get a foot of snow and we get rain. That shouldn't happen often here.

I was home for the weekend and there's gotta be a 15 degree temp difference between here and home! But it was beautiful in the city this weekend.

BrooklynRider
September 12th, 2005, 11:31 PM
If you get a chance, check out Mt. Mansfield and Smugglers Notch.

hiddenboston.com
October 7th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I do so much of my photography in Vermont, especially this time of year, although foliage isn't so great this fall, unfortunately.

Here are some of my favorite photos I've taken (from my Web site):

www.travelguideofamerica.com/mainstreets/waitsrivermainstreet.html

(Waits River, just southeast of Barre. One of the most photographed villages in Vermont.)

www.travelguideofamerica.com/landscapes/southnewfanelandscape.html

(South Newfane, in the southeast part of the state. Newfane and South Newfane are also much-photographed.)

http://www.travelguideofamerica.com/scenicdrives/stowephoto.html

(Stowe, where I usually stay. Stowe may be a major ski resort, but it still has a lot of charm.)

-MH

redhot00
October 7th, 2005, 04:50 PM
I hear Camel's Toe is beautiful.