PDA

View Full Version : Patsy's Restaurant

NY bound
September 19th, 2005, 01:42 PM
I am looking to get some information on an old Restaurant that Frank Sinatra used to frequent called Patsy's I think. has anyone been and if so what is there a hidden treasure on or off the menu that I should try?

Comelade
September 19th, 2005, 01:50 PM
See the two internet site

http://www.newyorkfirst.com/gifts/9030.html

http://www.foodlocker.com/brands-p-patsy-s.html

Edward
September 19th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Food is good, but nothing exceptional

redhot00
September 19th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Some still consider the East Harlem Patsy's to be the best pizza in the city. It's on First Avenue at e. 116th St.

kliq6
September 19th, 2005, 02:59 PM
a good Italian is Lusardi's on Second and 77th

Schadenfrau
September 19th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that Patsy's Pizza is independent of Patsy's Restaurant, which is the Sinatra fave. That doesn't stop Patsy's Pizza from displaying a giant painting of the man, though.

I'm one of the people RedHot00 mentions. It's not only the best pizza in the city, but all of America.

NY bound
September 19th, 2005, 04:08 PM
wow that was fast!! great site!!

stolzfun1
May 17th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Coal-burning ovens are now illegal, unless they are grandfathered in like Patsy's. That's why the pizza is what it is, if that's the kind of pizza you like. Lovely place, great spaghetti bolognese--I split it with a friend and it was the lunch special!

A great pizza is Koronet, up on Broadway about 114th I think. The giantist piece of pizza--they call it jumbo.

Front_Porch
May 18th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Patsy's Restaurant is a white-tablecloth Italian place on 56th Street -- I was there with clients yesterday -- $25 pasta sort of thing, lots of pictures of celebs. That's the Sinatra one. Pleasant atmosphere, caesar salad nothing to write home about.

I second all the posters that say Patsy's pizzeria in East Harlem is great, but I thought it had been closed recently -- check and make sure it has reopened.

ali r.
{downtown broker}

eddhead
May 18th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I believe Lombardi's on Spring St in Soho also has a coal oven. Either way, it is great pizza!!